Intel Set To Power Google Glass

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the Wall Street Journal, Intel will be powering the next version of Google Glass.

Intel Corp. will supply the electronic brains for a new version of Google Inc. ’s Glass device expected next year, people familiar with the matter said, part of a push by the semiconductor giant into wearable technology. An Intel chip will replace a processor from Texas Instruments Inc. included in the first version of Glass, the people said.

Hrmm, I wonder what this will be... Either an Atom or Quark variant.. but which one..?

Quark is for embedded systems specifically being a bit smaller and a bit lower TDP than Atom. Battery life is still going to be a challenge I think

It'll probably be based on something like the dual core Quark, which has one Quark core (running a RTOS for low level devices on package) and two Silvermont Atom cores, like used in Intel's Edison. It could be the 14nm version, but I haven't seen a recent roadmap. If it's a 14nm version, it should have pretty impressive specs for such a low power device.

Back