Test Your IQ with the Pew Internet Quiz

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
So, you think you know everything there is to know about the Internet? MakeUseOf would like to test that knowledge of yours against a control group. Pew Research came up with the short test to see if you are as knowledgeable as you think you are. :cool:

You’ll also be able to compare your results to the representative sample of 1,066 people who officially took the quiz.

Eh I bit. Got 10 of the 12 right so at that time I was:

You scored better than 95.3% of the public, below 1.3% and the same as 3.4%.

As the website says.

Can someone explain how being able to recognize Sheryl Sandberg equates to knowledge of the internet. Facebook don't have a fucking clue about it.

Can someone explain how being able to recognize Sheryl Sandberg equates to knowledge of the internet. Facebook don't have a fucking clue about it.

That's the one question I missed. Who the heck is Sheryl Sandberg?

No clue, but just happened to get lucky with recognizing her.

You scored better than 99.8% of the public, and the same as <1%.

Not really too useful an Internet IQ Quiz honestly.

"Moore’s Law relates to how many transistors can be put on a computer chip…"

This is quite a stupid way to put it.

Moore&#8217;s Law relates to how many transistors can be put on a computer chip

You answered "False"

The correct answer is "True"
But that's fucking wrong.

10 out of 12, I don't feel to bad about the score, considering the questions I missed were about Facebook and the Sandberg person

10 out of 12, I don't feel to bad about the score, considering the questions I missed were about Facebook and the Sandberg person
It's like testing culinary knowledge by seeing if people recognize Colonel Sanders.

geh 8 out of 10. How would I know what university got on the net first? Or sheryl sandberg?

Yes, it is.

1. it's an observation of a trend
2. it relates to a certain size

Nowhere does it state what amount of transistors a processor could be built with..

This. I know exactly what Moore's Law is, and I got that question wrong because it's poorly worded.

The only other question I got wrong was about the Facebook lady, because really who gives a shit who she is and what does that have to do with knowledge of the internet?

90%, there was one I would have missed outright. Two I missed because I changed my answer. I know to always go with the first instinct and I changed it anyways.

The only other question I got wrong was about the Facebook lady, because really who gives a shit who she is and what does that have to do with knowledge of the internet?

Someone with a feminist agenda snuck her in because she is a woman I think. I searched about her it seems like she is a good businesswoman but I didn't find anything about her being a tech leader. "Internet leader" means she would have a strong knowledge of computers and programming and drive some sort of technological improvements to the internet.

Yes, it is.

Nowhere does it state what amount of transistors a processor could be built with..

twice as much as it was 18 months ago?

Eh I bit. Got 10 of the 12 right so at that time I was:

You scored better than 95.3% of the public, below 1.3% and the same as 3.4%.

As the website says.

Same here. I can't imagine there are too many on this site that will score worse. Technically, that makes us the village idiots.

"Moore’s Law relates to how many transistors can be put on a computer chip…"

This is quite a stupid way to put it.

But that's fucking wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

That's the way I've always understood Moore's Law and seen it basically described.

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

This. I know exactly what Moore's Law is, and I got that question wrong because it's poorly worded.

twice as much as it was 18 months ago?
I believe Gordon Moore's exact quote was,

"The number of transistors and resistors on a chip doubles every 18 months."

How does that not have to do with the number of transistors on an IC?

The only thing I take issue with the wording of the question is the use of the word "relates," and that is why I would have gotten the question wrong. But taking the IQ of the researchers who put this "quiz" together into account, I answered all 12 questions "correctly."

"Moore&#8217;s Law relates to how many transistors can be put on a computer chip&#8230;"

Key words are "can be". This means the number of transistors regardless of the size of the computer chip. So in essence how big of a computer chip you can possibly make.

I'm too lazy and dumb to read the whole thing. Here's his paper.

I got the browser question and the facebook first university question wrong. Considering I was 2 in 93, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Back