Fractal Design Node 804

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are building an HTPC, LAN box or Steam Machine, this Fractal Design Node 804 review at LanOC will be of interest.

Not only did they keep things fairly small, but they also went with a split design that I am a huge fan of working with on cases. What I mean by a split design is that the power supply and some of the components fit behind the motherboard tray leaving the motherboard side of the case clean. Add to that Fractals typical clean styling and we have the makings of a great case. Well today we have the chance to dig in and check the Node 804 out and find out if it is as great as it looks.

They really dropped the ball on this case. Gigantic compared to the 304 and they could have kept the size down by doing something as simple as rotating the power supply 90 degrees.

Did a build in one of these recently, was really good. Little larger than some m-ATX cases but nothing major.

Also finished my build in one, excellent case. now all I need to to find some short PSU cables and it will be perfect.

Back