What is the best revision of xbox 360 to get?

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
Not interested in a xb1 right now, but getting a working 360 would be great. But which version should I get? Is the latest version any good?

If you don't need optical out the E model is the one I have the S and E the E is slightly quiteter and has a slightly lower wattage power brick it also uses better ir board and they ditched the touch sensitive buttons.

As said before the E or S is the best. They're significantly quieter and they're less likely to fail.

If your TV has a SPDIF output you should be fine with the 'E' model. I'm replacing my launch 360 with an 'E' myself, so I'll find out if it works with my TV (UN40FH6030).

If your TV has a SPDIF output you should be fine with the 'E' model. I'm replacing my launch 360 with an 'E' myself, so I'll find out if it works with my TV (UN40FH6030).

That's how I have one of my E models hdmi to TV than optical from TV to my older pioneer vsx-1014tx

I've got an S and it's pretty silent especially compared to my ps3 super slim. I would opt for a 4gb model and throw in your own hard drive, you can get an enclosure online for cheap and it's possible to make it backwards compatible with original xbox games.

Back