gigabyte 990fxa ud3 rev 4.0 cannot navigate bios due to stuck mouse pointer

MasonL87

n00b
When I boot the computer and press the key to go into the bios or even the boot menu, the mouse pointer is in the middle of the screen and will not move. Moving the mouse nudges it, but it always immediately recenters itself. This is a massive problem, as the mouse's position overrides the keyboard keys, so if the mouse is in the middle of a BIOS page and is highlighting a specific option, you CANNOT select any other option on that page. I have tried booting without a mouse plugged in, but that doesn't do any good. Please help. I need to be able to use my BIOS.

I have tried to update the bios, but the version of the mobo I have is clearly no longer being supported with updates less than a year after I bought it.

I have had this motherboard since december of last year, and have been able to move freely in the bios precisely ONCE.

I'd like to adjust a few things, but this issue is crippling. I've put in a ticket with Gigabyte, but it's thanksgiving weekend, so I won't hear from them until at least monday.

Please help!

PS:

Yes, I have the F2 bios, which are the most current for this model.

No, I have no PS/2 mouse, and the ps/2 to usb adapter I have does not seem to work with my mouse (a R.A.T. 7)

Yes, I have tried in MULTIPLE USB ports, none did anything

And again, this happens whether there is a mouse plugged in or not.

Last edited:
Have you tried clearing cmos?
Leave psu plugged in but switch off at wall, remove cmos battery, leave for 30 minutes then replace battery and power on.

Sorry for my english.
Are you using HDMI connector?!
Try to use DVI or d-sub to enter that bios!
Regards!

Have you tried without the keyboard plugged in? Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

Back