Assassin's Creed: Unity CEO Apologizes With Free DLC

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat has extended a bit of an olive branch to those of you that bought Assassin's Creed: Unity in the form of free DLC.

To show our appreciation for your continued support, we’re making the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC free for everyone. For Season Pass holders, we will also offer the choice of one additional game from a selection of Ubisoft titles for free. More details on the offer for Season Pass holders can be found here: AC Unity FAQ

"Unexpected technical issues"?

It'd be one thing to claim that for PC because of the wide-array of PC hardware that the conflicts that can arise. But to claim that for the consoles is outrageous. Unless they were only testing on super consoles or PC-based emulators, they had to have known and wanted it out for the holiday earnings bump.

"Unexpected technical issues"?

It'd be one thing to claim that for PC because of the wide-array of PC hardware that the conflicts that can arise. But to claim that for the consoles is outrageous. Unless they were only testing on super consoles or PC-based emulators, they had to have known and wanted it out for the holiday earnings bump.
Agree on the "unexpected Technical Issues" except on every PC I've seen it on it runs like dogshit, irregardless of the hardware configuration. I don't buy the PC being an exception due to lots of different hardware configurations - other games don't have these issues on the PC. To me the whole thing stinks of "Get it out there now and fix it later." You're right though, to claim it for consoles is ludicrous.

So in return for the game running like crap he's going to give you more of the game, that is still running like crap, and which was probably cut from the game just so it could be sold to you later?

Ubisoft is doing its best to make amends for the poor performance on under spec computers that people are trying to turn up the resolution and other display settings when they don't have fast enough computers to support the next gen quality. It's good that they're doing this, but it sets sorta a precedent that anytime people with like lame hardware complain, they'll think they're entitled to free handouts instead of just buying faster computers or waiting until they can buy capable hardware at a price they can afford.

Why do people keeping buying these shit games from these shit companies. I out right refuse to buy ANY game on release day any more and for full price, hell i still haven't boughy Civ Beyond Earth....

This is like a car company saying "weld -- sorry our car sucked ass, we never really tested it to begin with, here's a free cup holder, so we are cool right?"

Giving away DLC that's obvoiusly already been created as of the release of the game... giving away something that should ALREADY be included in the fucking game for free.... isn't really doing anything overall good for the gaming ecosystem.

Homeboy can go shove his DLC up his ass.

So to "make things right", they are giving away stuff that costs them nothing? Very nice of them. I see there is no refund option.

I appreciate their offer I really do however my computer really has a severe allergy to CRAP.

OH wait STEAM SALE, thanks GB.

LoL... After patching 300 bugs... Can the CEO certify the DLC is even going to work? Or will people have to wait for a patch to make the DLC work?

LoL... After patching 300 bugs... Can the CEO certify the DLC is even going to work? Or will people have to wait for a patch to make the DLC work?

Ubisoft is real bad about patching their games, take a look at Assassin's Creed 3 . . . .

Well, at least Ubisoft is trying to make wrongs right but doing this and I don't see any reason to complain.

I don't remember Actvision doing anything like this.

Why do people keeping buying these shit games from these shit companies...

I wait weeks if not months before buying a game just because of this sort of B.S.

Still new to me. I don't need the newest shiny object to validate my life.

A DLC is coming out already? Dang, the game's barely reviewed.

With all the games that are having this kind of problem it makes me wonder if this is actually a mindset in the gaming industry as to preserve jobs. Built in job security?

REGARDLESS. Irregardless is not a fucking word!

Keep up the fight brother.

I quote the third stanza of Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas:
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Despite all, and the eventuality of our succumbing, keep up the fight. For as long as one of us stands, it is not futile. Though we may rail in forums and message boards across the internet, and often feel ignored, keep up the fight.

"We heard you like shit, so here's some more fucking shit to add to your other fucking shit."

Ubisoft is doing its best to make amends for the poor performance on under spec computers that people are trying to turn up the resolution and other display settings when they don't have fast enough computers to support the next gen quality. It's good that they're doing this, but it sets sorta a precedent that anytime people with like lame hardware complain, they'll think they're entitled to free handouts instead of just buying faster computers or waiting until they can buy capable hardware at a price they can afford.

How does that apply to consoles? Those are preset specs, they were supposed to be coding for those specs.

First part of your post: understood!. Second part of your post: what does that have to do with anything? I bought Dragon Age:I at launch so by your logic I use it to validate my life. Thanks! I was wondering why I did it.

Because there is people who do feel they need the latest and greatest in thier life and they need it RIGHT NOW. I see it with phones, tablets etc. Apple buyers seem to be the worst.

There is exceptions of course, I purchased lots of games on the first day but then again that was when demos were released before the actual game was available. You knew up front what you were buying. That model seems to have gone by the wayside.

Now it has been replaced with a bunch of pre-release hype and videos, no demo and the press (I'll use that term in a loose sense) under NDA not to spill the beans about what a pile of crap a game is.

Launch day shows up, the game is shotgunned onto the market, a pile of money is to be had followed by a "woops my bad" 40 gig patch.

Rinse and repeat the next year.

Screw that.

How does that apply to consoles? Those are preset specs, they were supposed to be coding for those specs.

It doesn't. I was mainly talking about the PC version. The console version is a little bit slow and could probably be optimized some, but it's the leap from ports for the PS3/X360 to ports for the PS4/XBO that are really going to shock PC owners who are used to maybe being like a little ahead in performance to being way behind. (Not in raw compute power, but in the use of that power in a console more efficiently than in a general purpose PC.)

Back