Popular Security Suites Open To Attack

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is kinda scary.

Among the consumer products AV-Test checked, only Eset Smart Security 8 marked 100 percent of executables for both DEP and ASLR, although both Avira Antivirus Pro and Norton Security were over 99 percent and eight more products were above 90 percent. Among the eight business endpoint security solutions examined by AV-Test, only Symantec Endpoint Protection was at 100 percent, with G Data AntiVirus Business close behind. Many products have a shockingly low percentage of protected executables, such as Trend Micro OfficeScan's 18.7 percent and eScan IS's 17.5 percent.

Been using/recommending ESET for many years now, knew there was a reason why.

I just use Windows Defender. Anti-virus programs give me the chills. I still remember when Panda fucked up my system.

Been recommending Avast! free and registered for a long, long time. Glad to see my trust in their offerings are worth the recommendation.

Blacklist programs (av) seem pretty pointless when you're dealing with untrusted content... Why people put much of any trust in them is beyond me. If your av is flagging something on your disk or in memory imho you've already lost.

Back