Kickstarter Cancels Game That Requires Your Blood To Play

They were probably concerned about cheaters hooking up cats, dogs or younger siblings instead.

I thought the point of gaming was to do crazy stuff without real consequences.

It makes no sense anyways. You can't feel blood being drawn from a vein, there's no excitement there. Besides, their first lawsuit from intravenous acquired phlebitis would bury them.

Looks like they aren't trying to sell the game to consumers, but instead have it playable at blood-bank operated collection events. They want to tour with the game, and have it always be operated safely by people certified for the task. Doesn't sound nearly as bad once you read the page although it's mostly sounding like a publicity stunt (albeit for a good cause)

Given that this is a) a regulated medical procedure in Ontario, where it was proposed, and b) a huge liability risk, this is a dumb idea from day one. It's also illegal, as there are laws in Canada surrounding blood donation (Look up Krever Inquiry).

Sounds more like a scheme to get their name out there and covered by media. Probably to help finance their next "actual" project.

Pretty bad idea..

However! For the real purpose stated, instead of drawing a large amount of blood at one time, a gamer could snack/sip away while gaming while providing a slow stream of constant blood and probably end up providing quite a bit more than the average draw when donating. No facts on that, just guessing at a trickle supply the body would be able to replenish blood pretty quick.

Still a bad idea.

i have to admit, the execution of the idea does show some intelligence. a retard can't mod controllers like that.

but....through all that, where did they even begin to think this was a good idea?

Saw a needle
NOPE. I'm out.
Screw you Steve, wheres my trigger warning?

Reminds me of that rumble jacket project some time back. It was basically a vest you put on and it would hit you in the area where you're shot. Not sure how it worked but it probably had a bunch of small electric pistons that would prod you in a certain area. I think people kind of liked it but the issue was cost or something along this line. This blood thing is just bat shit insane. Hook it up to the inventor!

Has to be a blood drive in disguise...

If you read the page, that's exactly what it's for.

They said they'd partner up with the appropriate organization for donating blood, and basically have it be in those mobile blood donation stations.

Back