R9 295X2 $679.99

OofC_S7v7N

Gawd
Considering when released these were going for $1,499.99!

XFX R9 295X2 on sale at Newegg right now after MIR for $649.99!

That is currently cheaper than what it would cost to buy two R9 290X!

Do you think come black friday or cyber monday that this price could come down even lower?

Or is this lowest price do you think we can see?!

R9 290X is currently $290 shipped: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usa...R929XOC-4GD&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1260

So technically, two are still $70, but then factor in the 295X2 is really unique, is a single board solution, and has a watercooler.

295X2 certainly has the "wow" factor.

If only it had 16 gigs of vram:D even still its a dam nice card as is...i would love to have one...and the one you picked is xfx...these no better choice for customer service:D they actually trumps evga service is you ask me since the xfx rep here is on top of everything if you ever need asistance

Well, I just ordered one. My single Titan isn't quite enough oomph for DA:I at the settings I want, and I should be able to get some money back out of it to offset this purchase. I also got a code for 5% off entire orders today so that was an extra $35 off.

Last edited:
Ligtasm, do you think that will be the best deal you are going to get on it?!

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know but I have the money now and I don't want to wait. $600 for a brand new one minus what I sell my Titan for is a good deal to me.

If only it had 16 gigs of vram:D even still its a dam nice card as is...i would love to have one...and the one you picked is xfx...these no better choice for customer service:D they actually trumps evga service is you ask me since the xfx rep here is on top of everything if you ever need asistance
It actually only has 4 gigs of VRam, remember.

Its 4x2 GB of VRAM, so only effectively 4Gigs just like a crossfire setup where two 4Gig cards don't equate to one 8Gig card.

Where does it say 16gb vram?

Don't know where the confusion on why he thought he said it had 16GB.

Regardless for still being a "single" card configuration is awesome and price is awesome!

Regardless for still being a "single" card configuration is awesome and price is awesome!
Sadly, I don't know why I'm actually considering this, lol!

In theory I could get one of these, and then in the future get a second and crossfire. Can anyone verify if these will support crossfire? Hopefully the tubes are long enough to fit two 120mm rads in the case too.

I have a Seasonic X-1250 1250W 80Plus Gold which I think would be powerful enough... maybe.

These do not require the Bridge and multiple vendor have options to configure two of these together!

Here is a review from Overclock3D seems legit!

One of these has a TDP of 500W, so two would have 1000W so it would be tight on that 1250W!

Yup, article says it wouldn't work.

But you could throw in an extra 290X down the road for an upgrade, should one go on crazy sale as the system gets old in the tooth.

Wait where did you read that it wouldnt work?!

At the end in the conclusion they did say that some titles would not work in the "quad fire" configuration.

But they do work together!

RIP Titan Z

Too bad Taiwanese market doesn't reflect current AMD prices... our 295x is still hovering around $1600 lol....

Well shit, I got my second card for $799 when they dropped in price a few weeks ago on the egg, lol.

I would venture a guess that AMD wants to clear out inventory before the end of the year for the upcoming cards.

new single card are not going to outform flagship crossfire from this generation, so clearing the channel of 295x makes no sense.

I would venture a guess that AMD wants to clear out inventory before the end of the year for the upcoming cards.
Didn't NVidia just lower their price on their high end card, which is what prompted AMD in kind?

Plus AMD dropped the cost of the 290x, so nobody is going to pay much more than two 290x's cost just to have them on one board.

Sadly, I don't know why I'm actually considering this, lol!

In theory I could get one of these, and then in the future get a second and crossfire. Can anyone verify if these will support crossfire? Hopefully the tubes are long enough to fit two 120mm rads in the case too.

I have a Seasonic X-1250 1250W 80Plus Gold which I think would be powerful enough... maybe.

I have a 295x2 and an 290x in tri-fire on a PC Power and Cooling 950 watt power supply with my 4670k all at stock clocks. A quality 1250 watt would be fine for #2 295x2 in quad-fire.

I have a 295x2 and an 290x in tri-fire on a PC Power and Cooling 950 watt power supply with my 4670k all at stock clocks. A quality 1250 watt would be fine for #2 295x2 in quad-fire.

Doubtful. I am pulling down 1,321 Watts when running at full load. I still worry that I only have 150 Watts of breathing room.

i feel bad for people that dropped $1,300 on 980 sli, when they could get this for half the price.

My only other question is how these markdowns will last.

This is Iron Egg so you can have it price matched (within 14 days of purchase) if it shows up for a lower price later this week. If I had a mATX system I would definitely get something like this.

i feel bad for people that dropped $1,300 on 980 sli, when they could get this for half the price.

I have to agree. This card is watercooled from the factory which many enthusiasts spend a lot of money on to achieve the same results. The power draw is irrelevant because it is watercooled; unless you live somewhere that rations electricity I suppose. No overheating your case problems because the cooling.

Is the 980 SLi really worth $650 more than 295X2?

From this price, I don't think so.

Not sure if I would feel sorry, more like feel they had bad luck, I didn't see 295x being slashed this low.. Now only if Taiwan could reflect this price... (we are still selling them for $1600....)

Doubtful. I am pulling down 1,321 Watts when running at full load. I still worry that I only have 150 Watts of breathing room.

You are looking at things from a flawed perspective..First,you are using an 8 core Intel CPU that is pulling close to ~300W on its own at load with that OC you have on it..

Second, you are looking at the draw at the wall, which doesn't take into account the efficiency of the AC to DC conversion the PSU is doing. If you have a 90% efficient PSU then the system is only using 1189W, the other 132W is being dissipated in the form of waste heat.

I noticed this price yesterday, it has been taunting me for the past 24 hours.

thanks.gif

Last edited:

Not doubtful. I've run several benchmarks on my setup and no crashes or faults whatsoever. Stable as stable can be. No overclock of course.

Not sure why you are using so many watts. Do you have a large overclock? Tomshardware confirmed quad fire on a 1000 watt PSU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-r9-295x2-1000w-psu,3907.html

I bit, if you use the Newegg App on your Android device, it automatically takes 5% off the price. Total came out to $645 shipped, and there is a $30 rebate so total is $615.

Seems like a decent deal. Thanks guys!

Newegg is also doing the VISA $25 off thing again over $200 as I used it today buying a laptop..

Its probably a sale type thing - I bought my hd 7990 last year around this time for dirt cheap as well.

Sale is still taunting me. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'd say that's a relatively sure thing, not a guess.

I'm normally not one for waiting, but I'm definitely waiting to see what the 390x offers especially since rumors have it coming in Feb. with 15%+ gtx 980 performance and having 1/3 the power consumption of a 295x, while likely costing somewhat less than $680.

I'd say that's a relatively sure thing, not a guess.

I'm normally not one for waiting, but I'm definitely waiting to see what the 390x offers especially since rumors have it coming in Feb. with 15%+ gtx 980 performance and having 1/3 the power consumption of a 295x, while likely costing somewhat less than $680.

I am hoping for a $499-$549 price point and good 4K performance. If it almost doubles 4K performance (In my eyes) I will def be looking for an upgrade. I have no problem keeping card(s) for 6 months and sell them for something newer.

Back