Far Cry 4 1.4 Patch Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that were experiencing issues with the game, the Far Cry 4 1.4 PC patch is available on Steam. Here are the patch notes:

• Fixed the "black screen" issue PC players were experiencing when certain USB peripherals were plugged in.
  • Fixed the "grey screen" issue some PC players were may have encountered after the Outpost Master Mission.
If you are still experiencing a black screen on launch, please contact Customer Support. This is a PC only patch, and you should be seeing Version 1.4.0 in the bottom left of the Main Menu if it's been successfully installed. If you are playing Far Cry 4 on a different platform, your version number will be different.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you read our Far Cry 4 Video Card Performance and IQ Preview.

Well, the "grey screen" fix is nice because that was a pretty shitty one. But yeah, the original (anticipated?) changelog had a lot more on it. This seems like more of a hotfix than a patch.

I can't tell what is a bug and what might just be normal. Like the iron sights aiming, it feels like the motion aiming from the hip is okay, but moving the mouse while aimed down the sights feels like pushing a boulder uphill.

They will get it right with the 1.7 patch, as we've seen before.

Makes me glad I haven't played it yet, bought it the day before it came out but i've been doing too much old republic (12x class xp until the 1st) to have time for Far Cry 4. That and i'm waiting on a new video card to arrive. (GTX 970, woot)

Has this patch resolved the stuttering problem on AMD cards. Also what about Crossfire support ? Ubisoft has some guts trying to ship a string of unpolished games. WatchDogs, Assassins Creed Unity and Farcry 4. As they say "Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Pattern" , with Ubisoft we can say its a habit of shipping games which are not yet ready.

Back