Craigslist Explains Last Night's Hack

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Official Craigslist Blog has posted an explanation as to why you couldn't reach the site last night.

At approximately 5pm PST Sunday evening the craigslist domain name service (DNS) records maintained at one of our domain registrars were compromised, diverting users to various non-craigslist sites.

Well this is very surprising the worst run shit hole on the internet that has not been updated since it copied the poor idea known as network54 forums was hacked. I am sure this was devastating to hookers and Nigerian scammers last night.

Ahhh. I was hoping to find the stripper from the night before that said she really liked me. Was sad CL was down.

Well this is very surprising the worst run shit hole on the internet that has not been updated since it copied the poor idea known as network54 forums was hacked. I am sure this was devastating to hookers and Nigerian scammers last night.

Troll much.

Also, read the article. I was the registrar that got hacked, not CL.

Lots of people on these boards that have no interest in cars, boats, motorcycles, tools, etc etc etc. Basically, anything that you have to get off your ass for. What a surprise!

What I find interesting about Craigslist is that in the casual encounters section, m4m is much more active than f4m. It's about as active and sometimes more active than the m4f section.

So interesting in fact that I made a script that scours every single city on Craigslist and records the relative activity of each section, and it's the SAME (relative to the size) for almost every single city. The f4f section is a ghost town for every city.

In short, men are more in demand by other men, than women. At least according to Craigslist.

And also, breaking into a DNS registrar and changing the records for a site doesn't mean that site got hacked. The site is just fine, just nobody can get to it because it's pointing the wrong way.

Back