'Push Button, Receive Bacon' Becomes Reality

HardOCP News

[H] News
Everyone laughed the first time they saw the 'Push Button, Receive Bacon' image but you know deep down you wanted it to be real. Well, wish no more, it looks like someone actually made one. :cool:

So unsanitary! The best though IMO is cooking bacon in the oven. Technically all you're doing is pushing a button, only downside is that it takes a while for the bacon, heh. You can make it in bulk this way though and it comes out totally flat and crispy.

Alternatively when time is of the essence, those george foreman type grills work wonders, and you can easily save the bacon grease into a little sealable container which I like to use as anti-stick on my skillets.

Lastly, if SUPER in a hurry, they actually make microwave trays that do bacon surprisingly well. NO JOKE!

So unsanitary! The best though IMO is cooking bacon in the oven. Technically all you're doing is pushing a button, only downside is that it takes a while for the bacon, heh. You can make it in bulk this way though and it comes out totally flat and crispy.

Alternatively when time is of the essence, those george foreman type grills work wonders, and you can easily save the bacon grease into a little sealable container which I like to use as anti-stick on my skillets.

Lastly, if SUPER in a hurry, they actually make microwave trays that do bacon surprisingly well. NO JOKE!

I used to make it in the microwave on a plate with some paper towels. It is good this way but can be inconsistent, and also messy. Lately I take a baking sheet, and make a "tray" out of aluminum foil and bake the bacon in the oven. The foil tray keeps the grease from burning on the baking sheet and can be scraped off when it solidifies to be used later. I find this gives the best bacon consistency and is much easier to get each piece perfect as opposed to a pan on the stove or microwave. It is also much easier to modulate the heat in the oven so you can cook the bacon exactly how you like it.

The future has finally arrived.

/sniff, wipes away tear

I used to make it in the microwave on a plate with some paper towels. It is good this way but can be inconsistent, and also messy. Lately I take a baking sheet, and make a "tray" out of aluminum foil and bake the bacon in the oven. The foil tray keeps the grease from burning on the baking sheet and can be scraped off when it solidifies to be used later. I find this gives the best bacon consistency and is much easier to get each piece perfect as opposed to a pan on the stove or microwave. It is also much easier to modulate the heat in the oven so you can cook the bacon exactly how you like it.

I find cooking bacon on my grill to be the best method I've discovered. I have far more control over it and don't have to heat up the house. It also gives me the option of using direct flame if I want a little char or indirect if I don't. Rather useful when going after certain flavor characteristics to be able to control if it is over a burner or not.

Who wants to live forever!

s6w6Egz.gif

[Heavy Breathing]

I usually make it this way just because it's easy and requires little attention, but baked bacon doesn't taste as good as pan fried.

All that's missing is a cleaning cycle and the ability to feed directly out of a refrigerated tray and we have the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Back