The Crew Finally Heading to Open Beta

Alright if you decide to dive into this:

1) Driving ability and vehicle handling is artificially decreased, gets better as you level the f up of both car, the spec the car is in, and your character
2) Key to levelling up is going for story missions
3) Remember to use the nitro, from the very first mission (vs street-racers)
4) Just keep trying, or attempt to get co-op, with more difficult missions
5) Hit New York before Lv10 if you want a better choice of vehicles
6) GTA5 has better driving, handling, vehicles and is flat more enjoyable in racing particularly with the online races that you can design on your own.

Based on too many hours with the PC version with steering wheel and pedals and a ton of the PS4 version, which performs and feels fine despite the framerate of 30. It's just that the driving even maxed out on a topped out vehicle isn't of the standard that belongs in a game where what you do is drive cars. It's not sim, it's not arcade, it's not a mix, it's a third person game driving of a bad kind that's difficult to ever enjoy when one knows how well even Hard Drivin' controlled.

Don't worry, the beta test will continue on December 2nd.

1) Driving ability and vehicle handling is artificially decreased, gets better as you level the f up of both car, the spec the car is in, and your character
6) GTA5 has better driving, handling, vehicles and is flat more enjoyable in racing particularly with the online races that you can design on your own.

Based on too many hours with the PC version with steering wheel and pedals and a ton of the PS4 version, which performs and feels fine despite the framerate of 30. It's just that the driving even maxed out on a topped out vehicle isn't of the standard that belongs in a game where what you do is drive cars. It's not sim, it's not arcade, it's not a mix, it's a third person game driving of a bad kind that's difficult to ever enjoy when one knows how well even Hard Drivin' controlled.

Hard drivin' & Race Drivin' were atari's beasts. Multiple cpu's chained together to make 3d graphics back in the late 80's early 90's.

I will say i'm having a blast with gta 5 on ps4 in first person mode. I can pull some crazy shit off in a motor bike. I swear i'm a better driver in first person mode for the most part.

The club seems kinda bleh after reading these reviews. Either be simmy or arcady, but pick one! and if you mix it? do it well or not at all.

This was my expectations about the game just watching the previews.

I hated the driving. The starter cars steer horribly, which is a no-go for me. I need a good handle of the steering in any racing game before I dedicate my time with it.

How does the driving compare to Burnout Paradise? Anyone know? Really wanna get this game but getting second thoughts reading your comments...

Back