1Q14, Netflix Streamed 6.5 Billion Hours of Videos

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you don’t think Netflix is kicking some major butt in the streaming business, check out these figures. In just the last year alone, Netflix’ data usage rose from 2.5M terabytes each month to 6.5M and still increasing.

This explosive growth in hours viewed shows cord cutting is growing. Both in numbers of canceled cable TV bills and in the silently growing majority who watch less and less cable TV every month.

Yup, cut the cord last year and very happy with the savings and better programming using Netflix.

Having had FiOS Internet + TV and removing TV...I'm not disappointed at doing so--at all. Easily doubled the bill, and save for a few on-demand programs with somewhat interesting anime, it wasn't worth it to me. If it wasn't for my wife's bat-shit insane grandma (who, thankfully, doesn't live here anymore) I don't think I'd ever done it. Unless you have nothing else to do or absolutely must stay on top of a show, there's no good reason...and even then networks are letting people view episodes on line and HBO will have an on-line option. Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. offer one thing a cable sub can't: flexibility. My schedule is all over the place, and there are very few shows I watch. My kids get use out of it so I can do responsible adult stuff or talk with the wife or poop in peace. Netflix is awesome!

Back