BenQ XL2420Z

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Canceled my order I read a story on Overclock.net that changed my mind...
Too much brightness it's 350 nits not 300 which I thought it was at first.

Do the newer Benq's still require the 3rd party program to reduce motion blur and make it really look nice? I think it also reduced brightness some. Or did Benq find their own solution?

Edit: LightBoost, at blurbusters.com is what I was referring to.

I haven no idea they have something called Blur Reduction which darkens the monitor more then some people like after you choose the setting. My experience with a BENQ I bought earlier this year wasn't the best it's boxed up now. I think the backlight they design for them isn't as nice as what ASUS comes up with.

The cat is now out of the bag by many sources, and several news releases, so Blur Busters comments on the LightBoost sequel that’s included in all G-SYNC monitors!

All G-SYNC monitors include a LightBoost sequel called ULMB, which stands for Ultra Low Motion Blur. This is activated by a button on the monitor.........

From article at: http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/#ulmb

Now I don't know if that's included in some form on their newer non g-sync monitors, "Motion blur reduction."

as a heads up, this deal is ok, but keep an eye out, i scored an open box of the 27 inch for 320 earlier this year, also managed the asus version of the 27 monitor for around 300 from walmart.

not bad though, these things are like gaming on crts and you get better pixel density on the 24

Why is the max brightness level a concern? Calibrated you'll want it down at around a setting of 20 on the display.

The "Z" Benq monitors can be adjusted using the Blur Busters Strobe Utility. There can be cross-talk issues with the Benq backlight strobing implementation and this utility helps you make adjustments to reduce that. You'll also want to look into the 1350 VT (vertical total) adjustment to help with this - involves make custom screen resolutions but nothing too major.

http://www.blurbusters.com/benq/strobe-utility/

The Benq official strobing and ULMB are far superior to the lightboost hack on the previous-gen monitors when it comes to color quality and gamut. The Benq (well, at least the 27" one) also lets you do strobing at 60 Hz which is nice if you were to hook up a video game console to it. Not for computer use though as it would most likely cause eyestrain and fatigue.

And yeah, Benq has refurbished XL2720Zs for $330 on Amazon right now. I didn't really like the higher pixel density at that screen size/resolution so the 24" might be better for that.

Back