Sony Drops Steve Jobs Movie

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The on-again/off-again Steve Jobs movie is now officially off-again. With a shakeup of cast members and an uncertain future, Sony has withdrawn its financial support, leaving the picture high and dry. There’s still an outside chance of it making it to the big screen with other companies, namely Universal and other film studios, who are looking into picking up the project from Sony.

Despite the surprise development, Sorkin’s script still has a chance of coming to life at some stage – Universal is apparently showing a strong interest in the project.

Was the Ashton Kutcher Jobs not good enough? Why go for two big movies based on one man so soon?

Was the Ashton Kutcher Jobs not good enough? Why go for two big movies based on one man so soon?
Not to mention, they already had Steve Jobs "essence" in the latest Transformers movie.
steve-jobs-stanley-tucci1.jpg

Egomaniac that cares about image over functionality and just pushes his engineers really hard with dumb slogans while having no technical logic himself and then taking credit for everything created and bragging about patenting it? If that's not Steve Jobs, I don't know what is, lol!

Didn't they already make a made for TV movie already? Why bother with this?

idc.gif

Could not care less. I dont think I would watch a Steve Jobs movie even if it was on Netflix.....or if it was the ONLY movie on Netflix. Nothing against Jobs, just dont find his life interesting enough that Id want to sit and watch a 2 hour movie on it.

I read the Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson. I thought the book was fascinating. Whether you like Apple or not, interesting book about one of the key players in the computer revolution (and arguably smart phones as well).
I don't care about watching a movie about him. It will probably be utter crap.

I'd be much more interested in the Tim Cook movie. Comes into the office, sets down the briefcase, and stares at the wall. Every hour he pauses to reapply a skin moisturizer.

I still liked "Pirates of Silicon Valley", that movie was entertaining and also fairly accurate. That's hard to pull off.

Back