HealthCare.gov Relaunched, Fewer Problems Reported

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
The Affordable Care Act on Saturday relaunched HealthCare.gov for its second enrollment cycle. According to Wall Street Journal sources, the relaunch had fewer errors and waits than last year's launch.

The smoother opening came as a relief to the Obama administration, which has poured resources into upgrading HealthCare.gov. Republicans have been poised to seize on any problems in their continuing efforts to limit or repeal the 2010 health law. “For day one, this year is a thousand times better than last year,” said Dave Chandra, who was volunteering at Northern Virginia Family Services in Falls Church to help sign up consumers on the federal website. “It’s a lot easier.”

no way. fewer problems. wow. So news breaking. They should get a gold star and blue ribbon.

Article didn't say how much the tax payers paid to "improve" the site.
Anyone know of a reputable site that knows how much was wasted on this band-aid solution?
Sad people are robbed for not having health insurance so others can have it for cheap or "free".

So this time around there isn't a hundred million people hitting it all at once, and it works better? Who knew.

:rolleyes;

Blizzard can't manufacture a clean launch for 10 million people ... and yet we are surprised when the US government can't create a clean launch for 315 million.

Blizzard can't manufacture a clean launch for 10 million people ... and yet we are surprised when the US government can't create a clean launch for 315 million.

How much did Blizzard pay for their system?

video games, health insurance? what's the difference? When did Diablo become mandatory?

Is it already that time of the year to be forced into healthcare bills?

315 million people enrolled via healthcare.gov? Wow, the administration never reported numbers that high. Do you have a source?

^^^^

I think he's talking about the number of American citizens who probably hit the site to check it out and/or enroll.

Woot socialized medicine!! Lets enjoy our youth together comrades for when we grow old our worthyness to the state shall determine our worthiness to be treated! Huzzah! Praise be to our centralized government for controlling our weak feeble minds. We dont need to think for ourselves comrades! We dont need to treat ourselves comrades! We get obamaphones, flatscreen TVs, foodstamps, Call of Duty, AND FREE HEALTHCARE!!!!!!

Its time to get back at the rich 1% comrades for being RICH. Lets make ourselves feel better by electing people who promise to hurt others, YEAH! Thats liberty baby! Wanna know why the rich are bad? Well, cause their rich and thats all you need to know. GET EM! Praise Obamacare, Praise redistribution!

The fact that the site is actually working just means that the government is finally getting better at fucking us....

Anyone know of a reputable site that knows how much was wasted on this band-aid solution?
Sad people are robbed for not having health insurance so others can have it for cheap or "free".

I agree. What was wrong with the old system where the poor go to the Emergency room for free and health care providers pass it on to those who pay via price increases, which are passed on to us via premium increases?

Come one folks, we all own cars. Is it really worth doing regular maintenance? It costs too much to replace a timing belt. Just use it till it breaks, then bring it into the shop.

It works for cars and that's how the healthcare system should work too.

I agree. What was wrong with the old system where the poor go to the Emergency room for free and health care providers pass it on to those who pay via price increases, which are passed on to us via premium increases?

Come one folks, we all own cars. Is it really worth doing regular maintenance? It costs too much to replace a timing belt. Just use it till it breaks, then bring it into the shop.

It works for cars and that's how the healthcare system should work too.

Wow... I didn't realize my car insurance paid for my routine maintenance!

I've been doing it wrong the whole time. :rolleyes:

If Obama can give away 3 BILLION tax payer dollars to "poor" nations to help them prepare for global warming do you think he worries about how much is spend on the health care site?

If Obama can give away 3 BILLION tax payer dollars to "poor" nations to help them prepare for global warming do you think he worries about how much is spend on the health care site?

ITS NOT GLOBAL WARMING! ITS CLIMATE CHANGE!! No, wait its planetary disruption.....no wait its.... ahhhh what was it again?

I find it ironic that most people who complain about spending money in the US (including Obama care) love going to war in other countries where the US gets zero benefit at all. Did we forget that war costs hundreds of billions a year?

Yes, hardly a post about this story but there hasn't been a single one yet.

War is bad mmmkay, we should just disarm. If we disarm the world will know were not threatening imperialist warmongers and be nice to us! (sarcasm)

I want to see the president, senate, and house be forced to give up their healthcare and use the same shit they are peddling here.
I know someone using this. If I recall, he had either a 5000 or 6000 deductible before this would kick in. Wow.
Then again, I also know a few others who do not work, have high speed internet, get food stamps, cable TV and this. Oh yeah - the husband is self employed. He chooses to work for about 4 hours a day. The wife does not work. WTF! I work a lot of hours and have not had cable in 4 years!
I'll stop. This is one of the worse things to ever happen to our country. I feel like a turd in the bowl spinning around - just waiting to go under water.

I think he's talking about the number of American citizens who probably hit the site to check it out and/or enroll.
Maybe, but some states had their own system in place. California for instance, bitch all you want, had a system in place and ready to go. Although I'll admit I checked it just to compare to what I already had as far as insurance.

But to continue with the Diablo comparison just for shits and giggles, imagine how "great" D3 would be if didn't have what was it 8 years? to build a product, and every other week VPs of somethingorother who sit on the other side of the table, threaten to kill the project, and do suspend it, then it gets reinstated, they killed again, they brought back etc...

If Obama can give away 3 billion tax payer dollars to "poor" nations, then I think people would care a little less trying to help out our own citizens a bit. This isn't like Welfare where "here's a check, now please buy food and other essentials and not booze" this only works for doctor coverage.

Woot socialized medicine!! Lets enjoy our youth together comrades for when we grow old our worthyness to the state shall determine our worthiness to be treated! Huzzah! Praise be to our centralized government for controlling our weak feeble minds. We dont need to think for ourselves comrades! We dont need to treat ourselves comrades! We get obamaphones, flatscreen TVs, foodstamps, Call of Duty, AND FREE HEALTHCARE!!!!!!

Its time to get back at the rich 1% comrades for being RICH. Lets make ourselves feel better by electing people who promise to hurt others, YEAH! Thats liberty baby! Wanna know why the rich are bad? Well, cause their rich and thats all you need to know. GET EM! Praise Obamacare, Praise redistribution!
I sense satire and I approve this message.

I find it ironic that most people who complain about spending money in the US (including Obama care) love going to war in other countries where the US gets zero benefit at all. Did we forget that war costs hundreds of billions a year?

Yes, hardly a post about this story but there hasn't been a single one yet.

So people who complain about government waste "love going to war"?

Did Jon Stewart tell you that?

This still happens. Obamacare doesn't fix this.

Obamacare also places several taxes on healthcare, raising everyone's premiums. For the same level of individual coverage, mine increased 6.5x last year and premiums are expected to increase another 20% this year, because of the increasing taxes. Just look at Gilead's last income statement - $337,000,000.00 in taxes paid for Obamacare. Oh wait, the media didn't tell you there were taxes in Obamacare? Check this out:
Passed HR3590 bill:
Title IX
-Sec.9015 - Additional 0.90% tax increase on those making over $200k or $250k on families
-Sec.10907 - 10% tax on tanning services
Title IV
-Sec.4375 - $2 tax on self-insured plans "just because"
Senate Republican Committee's summary.

Passed HR4872 reconcilliation bill:
Title I
-Sec.1002 - $695 fine on individuals without insurance or 2.5% tax on your income if you fail to carry coverage equal to average annual insurance premium after 2015
-Sec.1003 - $2000 fine on companies per employee without insurance
-Sec.1102 - Increased Medicare Advantage rates
Title IX
-Sec.1401 - 40% tax on health insurance plans that exceed $10,200 for individuals and $27,500 for families
-Sec.1402 - 3.80% capital gains tax increase on those making over $200k or $250k on families
-Sec.1404 - $4,100,000,000 annual taxes on drug manufacturers by 2018 and then $2,800,000,000 thereafter
-Sec.1405 - 2.3% tax on medical device manufacturers
-Sec.1406 - $14,300,000,000 annual taxes on health insurance providers by 2018.

The problem isn't the top 1% not paying their share (they already pay about 25% of all federal taxes), it's the bottom 50% who pay nothing in federal taxes but get to vote for politicians who will take from the top 50% and "redistribute" it to the non-contributors.

The idea that only those who actually pay the bills are eligible to vote is making more and more sense. Otherwise, democracy is "2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch".

So people who complain about government waste "love going to war"?

Did Jon Stewart tell you that?

It would reason. No one ever talks about cutting the military budget. And I mean everyone in power.

Don't watch Jon Stewart but I sense you are implying that this FACT is somehow liberal.

I want to see the president, senate, and house be forced to give up their healthcare and use the same shit they are peddling here.
I know someone using this. If I recall, he had either a 5000 or 6000 deductible before this would kick in. Wow.

That sounds like a a pre-Obamacare plan. The sort where you'd pay $25 to $50 a month and think you were getting a great deal on health coverage.

Then again, I also know a few others who do not work, have high speed internet, get food stamps, cable TV and this. Oh yeah - the husband is self employed. He chooses to work for about 4 hours a day. The wife does not work. WTF! I work a lot of hours and have not had cable in 4 years!

You'll have to forgive me for thinking that if you're not making this up out of whole cloth, that there's a few important little details that you're leaving out.

It's funny how these stories of outrage always turn out to be not quite how the story-teller first presented them when you get into the details and verification (which is impossible on anonymous forums like these anyway).

That sounds like a a pre-Obamacare plan. The sort where you'd pay $25 to $50 a month and think you were getting a great deal on health coverage.

You'll have to forgive me for thinking that if you're not making this up out of whole cloth, that there's a few important little details that you're leaving out.

It's funny how these stories of outrage always turn out to be not quite how the story-teller first presented them when you get into the details and verification (which is impossible on anonymous forums like these anyway).
Have you actually looked at the plans? Obamacare is even affecting how non-market plans are structured. My last employer (Honeywell) switched to a single healthcare plan option that was a high-deductible healthcare plan with a "low" $3000 deductible. Because I made over a certain annual salary, I had to pay nearly $700 a month in premiums. They simply couldn't afford to offer the coverage they had prior to Obamacare.

My new job had a PPO (probably the last year it will be available, but I'm paying a ton for it. They also have a high-deductible plan, but it's a $6000 before the plan pays anything.

This is what government intervention has gotten us, and it's only going to get worse. The healthcare system wasn't perfect, but Obama, Pelosi, and Reid made it unbearable. Of course, they'll just keep saying the premiums would've been worse if it weren't for Obamacare. Keep drinking the Koolaid, folks.

This still happens. Obamacare doesn't fix this.

Obamacare also places several taxes on healthcare, raising everyone's premiums. For the same level of individual coverage, mine increased 6.5x last year and premiums are expected to increase another 20% this year, because of the increasing taxes. Just look at Gilead's last income statement - $337,000,000.00 in taxes paid for Obamacare. Oh wait, the media didn't tell you there were taxes in Obamacare? Check this out:
Passed HR3590 bill:
Title IX
-Sec.9015 - Additional 0.90% tax increase on those making over $200k or $250k on families

I'm with you. I mean I finally quit paying that 7.5% Social Security at 117k and now the government wants to charge them .9% on income over 200 or 250k? How will I live?

-Sec.10907 - 10% tax on tanning services

Only applicable to UV tanning services which increase your risk of skin cancer/melanoma.

Title IV
-Sec.4375 - $2 tax on self-insured plans "just because"
Senate Republican Committee's summary.

$2.00? :eek: Give me back my fucking Jefferson you communist bastards!

Passed HR4872 reconcilliation bill:
Title I
-Sec.1002 - $695 fine on individuals without insurance or 2.5% tax on your income if you fail to carry coverage equal to average annual insurance premium after 2015

Yes, because otherwise people would only get in insurance after they were sick and the insurance companies would have to cover the existing condition. If you're not making much money, your healthcare is largely subsidized by medicare....unless you live in a state where they believe taking care of the poor is a communist plot.

-Sec.1003 - $2000 fine on companies per employee without insurance
or they wouldn't offer insurance.

-Sec.1401 - 40% tax on health insurance plans that exceed $10,200 for individuals and $27,500 for families

Not that I doubt this, but I can't find that in section 1401, but assuming I missed it, I'm willing to bet that it's 40% on plans paid for by your employer on the amount that exceeds 10k or 28k.

I've got decent insurance and my it's maybe 5k/year for individuals (of which I pay almost none of the premium)

-Sec.1402 - 3.80% capital gains tax increase on those making over $200k or $250k on families

I guess you don't understand that an 18.8% tax rate is still ridiculously low compared to regular income tax and that you only pay that if you sell.

-Sec.1404 - $4,100,000,000 annual taxes on drug manufacturers by 2018 and then $2,800,000,000 thereafter
-Sec.1405 - 2.3% tax on medical device manufacturers
-Sec.1406 - $14,300,000,000 annual taxes on health insurance providers by 2018.

No comment since i can't find those sections in the first 2 links on Google. But grats on making the first spot on Google when searching for that $4,100,000,000 annual taxes.... blurb.

It would reason. No one ever talks about cutting the military budget. And I mean everyone in power.

That baby back definitely needs to have the fat trimmed from that.
Hearing how we disposed of unused ammo to spending millions on planes only to sell them for a mere fraction of what were paid.
What's our spending? At least more than 7-8 countries combined?

What was wrong with the old system where the poor go to the Emergency room

because the emergency room is way more expensive, and the whole point of the new system is to provide health care for less expense

the types that watch fox news don't realize that the US has the worst and most expensive health care system in the world. there's this fiction that because it costs the most, it must be better, but it's not

Have you actually looked at the plans? Obamacare is even affecting how non-market plans are structured. My last employer (Honeywell) switched to a single healthcare plan option that was a high-deductible healthcare plan with a "low" $3000 deductible. Because I made over a certain annual salary, I had to pay nearly $700 a month in premiums. They simply couldn't afford to offer the coverage they had prior to Obamacare.

My new job had a PPO (probably the last year it will be available, but I'm paying a ton for it. They also have a high-deductible plan, but it's a $6000 before the plan pays anything.

This is what government intervention has gotten us, and it's only going to get worse. The healthcare system wasn't perfect, but Obama, Pelosi, and Reid made it unbearable. Of course, they'll just keep saying the premiums would've been worse if it weren't for Obamacare. Keep drinking the Koolaid, folks.

Your company just offers shitty healthcare. My deductable 500-600 then they pay 80%. DR Visits are a $30.00 copay and I think the max out of pocket is around $2000.00 (I've never hit it).

The plan costs the company between 5-6k/year singles. If Honeywell charged 700/month for your plan, you were probably footing (assuming you're not single) at least half the bill...probably more, considering how high your deductible is and how much bigger Honeywell is than the company I work at.

Back