SEO Simplified

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
If you're learning about online marketing or have wondered what all the fuss is about regarding SEO, this article does a decent job in simplifying the concept in a short read. Search Engine Optimization is a big deal for anyone that owns or runs a website or is concerned about protecting a brand's online presence.

Search engine optimization. It’s a clunky term for sure. You can’t optimize search engines. In fact, you can’t even learn exactly how they work. These are well-guarded secrets. What can you do? You can do the right thing to your website’s pages—optimize them—to increase the likelihood Google and the other search engines know where they are and what they contain, so it will present them as a recommended resource when they match a search.

I learned very quickly that the more you try to "optimize" a site for search rankings, the less effective it will be. Instead of optimizing for rankings to get hits, they should just worry about creating a site with worthwhile content and it will be found on its own. Too many "SEO" heavy sites are linkfarms and clickbait crap.

I learned very quickly that the more you try to "optimize" a site for search rankings, the less effective it will be. Instead of optimizing for rankings to get hits, they should just worry about creating a site with worthwhile content and it will be found on its own. Too many "SEO" heavy sites are linkfarms and clickbait crap.

You do both. That's why I'm thinking about what to write in the company's blog section (it's my workload for today).

SEO:

Include non-relevant keywords, phrases and links so you bring people who were looking for something else to your site instead, increasing your eyeball count while wasting their time and reducing the overall relevancy of all search engine results. :rolleyes:

It's scummy.

If I were the likes if google I would put in a filter to completely obliterate any mention of any site with signs of any attempts to "optimize" it.

This is what I've gathered from my research on SEO optimization. Since incoming links improve page ranking, simply posting content worth reading and sharing will have a large impact. I'm sure there are ways to optimize further but it certainly seems content is king.

this is why the internet is more useless now than ever

Zarathustra[H];1041236524 said:
SEO:

Include non-relevant keywords, phrases and links so you bring people who were looking for something else to your site instead, increasing your eyeball count while wasting their time and reducing the overall relevancy of all search engine results. :rolleyes:

It's scummy.

If I were the likes if google I would put in a filter to completely obliterate any mention of any site with signs of any attempts to "optimize" it.

That's BAD SEO, not simply "SEO". Might as well say everyone in the GamerGate demographic are terrorists...

Back