Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Gold Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Gold Power Supply Review - Thermaltake has traditionally shined when it comes to computer power supplies in excess of 1000 watts. But in the past these power supplies have often been very costly. Today we cover Thermaltake's new 1200 watt power supply that is currently selling for $139 after $30 MIR. Is it worth your hard earned dollars?

A relatively well priced high wattage no frills PSU.

I'll take it, on my shortlist.

I've had 2 of these 1200 watt PSU's, probably older revisions, but each time the fans died or made horrific noises way too soon. I hope they've fixed that problem.

I have two of the original Toughpower 1200 PSUs that I have used on our motherboard test bench for at least 6 years now. Still going strong. Granted they are not heavily loaded, but never had any issues with either of these.

I don't typically do Tt PSUs but for $140 AR.. that's a nice value for 1200w.

I have had 3 of the 1200W running for 3 years and love them through different MBs and video card swaps. Changed one machine to a Corsair 1200 and it blew up after 4 months, Corsair was great to replace it however it is sitting new in box still.

I guess the low price saves it. TT hasn't been known for low prices through the years, so at least there's that.

Back