Pose as a Teen Girl and Make Money on Twitter

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Sounds like lame clickbait in your news feed or spam in your junk mail box but this article discusses this very method and how a 21-year old guy can make $500-$1000 per fake teen girl post. You can file this in your "Why didn't I think of that?" folder.

The elephant in the room, though, with Asa’s account — and large female-oriented parody accounts like his — is that at the end of the day, he’s a 21-year-old guy tweeting as a teenage girl. “People ask me all the time,” Asa said. “I know, it’s kind of weird. I kind of made the page and I have to run it. I really do enjoy running it.”

I'm a little too old to understand this shit

Sounds like kids wasting time.

When writing as a teen girl, I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

When writing as a teen girl, I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

Haha nice
I want to say I heard something along the lines of this in the film 'In As Good As It Gets'. Good film :)

I'm a little too old to understand this shit

Sounds like kids wasting time.

It essentially the same thing as getting lots of traffic to a website then getting paid to advertise, just like HardOCP but instead of hardware as bait, they're using teenage girls

Everyone keeps forgetting this solemn rule:

The Internet: Where Men are Men, Women are Men, and Children are the FBI.

Pose as a teen girl and make money..

*Fill in the blank*

Works outside of Twitter too :rolleyes:

It essentially the same thing as getting lots of traffic to a website then getting paid to advertise, just like HardOCP but instead of hardware as bait, they're using teenage girls

yup, reading the article it sounds like not only does he do a fake girl account, but also various parody accounts.

He just got himself a large following and then is able to get 10,000+ people to click on links he post and he makes money per click.

I know a guy who poses as an young girl on Steam and gets ton of Steam gifts: free games, skins, etc.

OK, so what you're saying he's a teenage G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life)

Someone needs a BJ... STAT! :eek:

So, it isn't just the teen-girl, but larger parody accounts in general.

Not gonna lie, why not give it a shot?

So, it isn't just the teen-girl, but larger parody accounts in general.

Not gonna lie, why not give it a shot?
I'm actually a chick on facebook, I didn't want an account especially one where "they" could track me, but for clipping coupons and posting on news articles and stuff sometimes you have to have a FB. :D

Being a hot girl is definitely easy mode in life, you can say stupid things and people pretend to care what you think.

So I am real dense... These guys come up with catchy one liners and get them spreading through Twitter and make a living off it?

I definitely screwed up somewhere.

Back