Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are still on the fence about Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, maybe this review at Overclockers Club will help you make up your damned mind. ;) Personally, we really dig on the Borderlands games.

The style of the graphics does preclude some of the hyper-realism we see in other modern titles. While I would not want the style to change, the graphics left me wanting for a true next-gen game, or at least a high resolution texture pack for this one.

I still like the style, but that horrible UI needs an overhaul. It doesn't even work for consoles.

And for me, Borderlands really gets on my nerves after a while. The redundancy and backtracking is satirical at this point, as much as the humor and tone is.

Played it, beat it. Sucked anus. Half the game is fighting uninteresting Australians who just fire bullets at you or run at you. There's no Goliath like in Borderlands 2 that makes those worthless skirmishes interesting. Lots of traveling with little vehicles to use, so I guess the developers felt that if you spent more time on foot then the game would seem larger. The moon envirnment basically the only thing you see in the game until you get onto Helios. So you essentially have two reoccurring environments to visit over and over.

The classes were surprisingly boring. In fact it didn't seem like they intended for more than one class choice, but 3 more were added at the last minute. The game explains events through the eyes of Athena so why play as other classes? Claptrap doesn't seem to make much of any sense or is funny.

There's also for some reason the mentioning of homosexual characters more than once. The first person you meet on the moon is referenced to be a lesbian multiple times throughout the game, but to no reason or even comedy relief. You do find Hammerlock's boyfriend which would have been a golden moment for a flamboyant homosexual but instead it was a rather normal guy. When I play Borderlands 2 is was comedy gold, especially with the Goliath who would spew out nonsense for the lols. This pre sequel takes itself very serious compared to Borderlands 2.

It just wasn't a fun game. You want a good borderlands game then play Borderlands 2. Nothing in the pre-sequel makes sense. Some of the main characters captured Athena and questioned here but apparently they were with her the WHOLE DAMN TIME. Makes no damn sense and there's no comedy about it. It's just badly written.

Nothing in the pre-sequel makes sense. Some of the main characters captured Athena and questioned here but apparently they were with her the WHOLE DAMN TIME. Makes no damn sense and there's no comedy about it. It's just badly written.

Well, the interrogation takes place after the events of BL2, since its obviously in Sanctuary. The events of TPS are layed out by Athena in flashback format. At the end of TPS, its simply setting up BL3/Borderworlds. As for comedy, I'm not sure why it would be needed here.

Anyhoo, to me, the last part of the campaign with the Eridians and eridian areas were worth the price of admission alone (BL1 nostalgia). Good to see they'll probably be back in BL3/BW, in some sort of protracted conflict perhaps with a hub/multiple worlds/planets/vaults.

Last edited:
I played it for a few hours at a buddies place

I'll pick it up when it goes on sale

I don't see myself paying 60$ for it

Back