Google ‘Polling Place Lookup’ Strikes Out

HardOCP News

[H] News
Does Google's Polling Place Lookup work for any of you?

The Doodle on Google’s homepage this Election Day morning is a flag-adorned, spinning ballot box that when clicked brings one to a search box labeled “Polling place lookup.” It’s a good thing I already know where to vote. I tried my current Massachusetts address: Strike 1. I tried my previous address in the city of Worcester: Strike 2. I tried my childhood home: Strike 3.

That is ok, according to our records, you have voted 33 times already. Carry on.

With all of the people who have such strong political opinions around her, I'm sure everyone already knows where to vote at and has eagerly done so.

The choices we had here in NY.

1) Corrupt Douchebag Republican

2) Corrupt Douchebag Democrat.

Yea..Some choice. Real incentive for me to care.

Hope everyone voted their money stealing Democrats out of office today.

It worked for me in Kansas City as well.

Thought it was funny that one of the offices had a Republican running, a Democrat running, and a Conservative running.

Lol. Reaganomics.

9a50cb5fe29bb50c46762f6b0f2fbb52607ab8d4baf1d3ced6f0634b898afca4.jpg

You do have a choice. Vote for a third party candidate (Libertarian would be my suggestion). Shake up the process a bit. If enough people do it, change will happen.

I'd have more to say, but that's far enough off topic, and this isn't the place for it.

P.S. - on topic - it worked for me

You do have a choice. Vote for a third party candidate (Libertarian would be my suggestion). Shake up the process a bit. If enough people do it, change will happen.

I'd have more to say, but that's far enough off topic, and this isn't the place for it.

P.S. - on topic - it worked for me

78916ab9926e5bd8657dec9b5a861b0fcd103a2faa1c012530064867f36789f9.jpg

Libertarian would be my suggestion,

You mean like to Koch brothers guys that are all like, "Believe in my BS, but totally ignore the fact that we're using all the government institutions we claim you should dislike!"

giphy.gif

You mean like to Koch brothers guys that are all like, "Believe in my BS, but totally ignore the fact that we're using all the government institutions we claim you should dislike!"

They aren't Libertarians. A Libertarian is socially liberal, fiscally conservative. They are just opportunists. They are as libertarian as the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian.

They aren't Libertarians. A Libertarian is socially liberal, fiscally conservative. They are just opportunists. They are as libertarian as the Westboro Baptist Church is Christian.

Too bad they co-opted libertarianism

You...uh...need to do some more research.

Charles Koch funds and supports libertarian and free-market organizations such as the Cato Institute,which he co-founded with Edward H. Crane and Murray Rothbard in 1977, and is a board member at the Mercatus Center, a market-oriented research think tank at George Mason University. Charles Koch supported his brother's candidacy for Vice President on the Libertarian Party ticket in 1980. After the bid, Charles told a reporter that conventional politics "tends to be a nasty, corrupting business ... I'm interested in advancing libertarian ideas". In addition to funding think tanks, the brothers support libertarian academics; since 1992, Charles has funded the Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow Program through the Institute for Humane Studies, which mentors young, self-described libertarians. Charles also organizes twice yearly meetings with Republican donors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_brothers

As a New Yorker myself I can sadly tell you that our state is lost to liberalism. I left many years ago and never looked back. It's not worth voting there if you are a republican.

Lol. Reaganomics.

Regan took us out of that hell hole that Carter put us in. After six years of democrats destroying this country you would think all but the most die hard Liberal sycophants would finally wake up and stop voting their destruction in.

It worked for me in Kansas City as well.

Thought it was funny that one of the offices had a Republican running, a Democrat running, and a Conservative running.

You referring to "Constitution Party"? There were two ... State Auditor and Jackson County Legislature 3rd District.

Worked fine for me yesterday.

No True Scotsman is a logical fallacy by which an individual attempts to avoid being associated with an unpleasant act by asserting that no true member of the group they belong to would do such a thing;...

'Fiscal conservative' is a meaningless term. Think about it. Conservative relative to what, exactly? Other than a short period during the Jackson administration the US has never had a balanced budget with no outstanding debt. It's just another variation of the 'liberals bad' conservative mantra, in this case it's implied that ideas about economics and government spending can be boiled down to a responsible conservative position vs a hedonistic liberal one.

It took me a long time to get away from the 'libertarian' mindset, but I'm glad I did.

I laugh at people who try and label the rich as being for one group or another. They have their personal beliefs that they vote based on and usually support more. However their money will make damn sure that they are going to be protected no matter who is in charge.

I laugh at people who try and label the rich as being for one group or another. They have their personal beliefs that they vote based on and usually support more. However their money will make damn sure that they are going to be protected no matter who is in charge.

+1 for this.

Also, mine worked in Texas (and even showed up for early voting).

I vote when there is an issue I care about and am informed on. Otherwise it is a random pick who's name looks cool or worse, strong party voting. Why dilute the worth of the vote from those who do care?

For me that is my Governor, my district's Senator, and a few city councilmen; oh, and last year when we voted to legalize alcohol...

Regan took us out of that hell hole that Carter put us in. After six years of democrats destroying this country you would think all but the most die hard Liberal sycophants would finally wake up and stop voting their destruction in.

Its funny because Reagan was a terrible president

Back