New NVIDIA GeForce 344.60 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA sends word that its brand new GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.60 WHQL is now available. New in the latest GeForce Game Ready Drivers:

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.60 WHQL, includes improvements which allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming platform. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

I'm curious to see if this solves kyle's "power problem" with the SLI setup he is running now.

This looks to just be a game ready release driver for Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. It looks like no fixes are mentioned in the release notes. I'm still waiting on SLI issues with the 340-series drivers to be resolved...

Is there still no proper SLI profile for Shadow of Mordor, or did I just miss it somewhere??

Is there still no proper SLI profile for Shadow of Mordor, or did I just miss it somewhere??

An absolutely boring game that I get way way way high frames on both my 290x and even my little GTX680M. I wouldnt lose sleep ovee SLI for this game not even really needed for this "just another console port" game.

Wonder if it fixed the voltage problem with SLI.

Since I wont be buying COD anymore with no dedicated servers I think I can pass on the drivers.

wow so Nvidia is going to be releasing a new WHQL driver every week for the next 3 weeks?...since today's driver is the 'game ready' driver for CoD: AW...next Tuesday AC: Unity comes out and the following week Far Cry 4...and both of those games are Nvidia GameWorks titles so they'll definitely get special drivers

Last edited:
Wonder if it fixed the voltage problem with SLI.

Since I wont be buying COD anymore with no dedicated servers I think I can pass on the drivers.

Apparently not according to the other thread.

This just really pisses me off. Yes SLI profiles are important, but this voltage bug is really holding my cards back. And when I get random crashes in games every now and I then I have to wonder if they are real or caused by this bug.

Apparently not according to the other thread.

This just really pisses me off. Yes SLI profiles are important, but this voltage bug is really holding my cards back. And when I get random crashes in games every now and I then I have to wonder if they are real or caused by this bug.

Work starts on drive packages like this long before they get released. If Nvidia is going to be fixing the SLI voltage issue, it could be multiple releases before they address it.

What sucks tho, is on PC those of us with 900 series cards and wanting to take advantage of "Day Zero" game play and double exp get screwed. Thanks nVidia for ruining Sunday evening and all of yesterday.

What sucks tho, is on PC those of us with 900 series cards and wanting to take advantage of "Day Zero" game play and double exp get screwed. Thanks nVidia for ruining Sunday evening and all of yesterday.

You couldn't play the game at all?

An absolutely boring game that I get way way way high frames on both my 290x and even my little GTX680M. I wouldnt lose sleep ovee SLI for this game not even really needed for this "just another console port" game.

Not really what I asked, and I paid for two video cards, so I'd like to use them both. I'm waiting for a proper SLI profile to play this on my 4k monitor, as the hacks to force SLI give me awful stuttering. Whether you like the game or not, its still a big name title, and not having and SLI profile at this point is completely unacceptable.

The 344.60 driver notes says it resolves the Alien: Isolation 60 second hang problem also. Going to have to make sure it really is resolved. The notes for Advanced Warfare are called MW;).

Not really what I asked, and I paid for two video cards, so I'd like to use them both. I'm waiting for a proper SLI profile to play this on my 4k monitor, as the hacks to force SLI give me awful stuttering. Whether you like the game or not, its still a big name title, and not having and SLI profile at this point is completely unacceptable.

It's the game maker's responsibility to work with NVIDIA on the SLI profile. Perhaps they aren't being very cooperative. You don't know.

This voltage bug is really holding my cards back. And when I get random crashes in games every now and I then I have to wonder if they are real or caused by this bug.

For now, simply run one card at 25MHz higher than the other, and they will both run problem-free at near the same voltages.

That's what I've been doing, even ran a 3 hour Heaven loop to make sure the overclock was stable (1506 boost/7600 mem). Volts look alright as well (1.200V and 1.206V). But I still get these weird freezes in games very occasionally. No artifacts, no blue screen, game just freezes and I have to hard reset. Could be my OC but it really isn't all that aggressive though.

That's what I've been doing, even ran a 3 hour Heaven loop to make sure the overclock was stable (1506 boost/7600 mem). Volts look alright as well (1.200V and 1.206V). But I still get these weird freezes in games very occasionally. No artifacts, no blue screen, game just freezes and I have to hard reset. Could be my OC but it really isn't all that aggressive though.

A 3 hour Heaven loop doesn't prove stability ... You can never really prove stability, especially with just a single app / code path.

True, but it gives me an idea how close I am to my cards' limits. Besides there's not much else I could do really (3DMark benches are way too short to tell me anything) besides actually playing the damn games, which I'm doing plenty of. :D

Then clearly your OC isn't stable. I don't understand you blaming the voltage issue when the voltages look fine.

Thing is, I've seen one of the cards (always the card with better ASIC) randomly downvolt to 1.156V while still keeping the same boost. Sometimes it comes back up again, sometimes it stays at 1.156V. I suspect these voltage spikes are causing the random freezing.

What I don't know however is whether this is specific to certain games, but so far I've had Serious Sam 3 BFE and Watch Dogs freeze like this on me, out of about 10 games I actively play. I will also add that I've never had either game freeze on me on anything under 1 hour of gaming.

Last edited:

Have you tried setting your P00 states in your gpu BIOS to higher voltages? This is what stopped all the freezing app crashes I was getting. There is more info at OC.net about this and here.

The fix is posted in the Geforce link but it does involve changing a setting your BIOS.

Have you tried setting your P00 states in your gpu BIOS to higher voltages? This is what stopped all the freezing app crashes I was getting. There is more info at OC.net about this and here.

The fix is posted in the Geforce link but it does involve changing a setting your BIOS.

Do you have the link to the OC.net thread on this issue? Wondering if this may be the cause for some of my overclock instability...

Does this driver allow ShadowPlay @ 4K 60FPS recording on GTX-Titan Black SC?

Huh interesting and thanks for the link, but I don't think I've encountered this problem myself, and the voltage drop I'm describing is very different. In my case the cards boost and up the volts just fine when first firing up a game, and in fact I don't recall ever having a game freeze on me during startup or in the main menu..

No what I'm seeing is that sometimes out of the blue and for absolutely no reason, the voltage would drop to 1.156V from 1.200V, but the card would still chug along merrily (or maybe not so merrily) at the same boost clock. Sometimes the voltage corrects itself, and sometimes it doesn't. What does seem to be consistent is that it's always the higher ASIC card that does this, and for whatever reason it tries its damned hardest to maintain the same boost clock, which obviously presents problems since 1500+ on 1.156V is basically running on fumes.

And oddly I've never actually got the "driver has crashed and recovered" thing during any of my gaming or benching attempts. Invariably it's always been a hard lock that needed a hard reset. No blue, black, or red screen, the actual image just freezes and that's it. So yeah lol.

Huh interesting and thanks for the link, but I don't think I've encountered this problem myself, and the voltage drop I'm describing is very different. In my case the cards boost and up the volts just fine when first firing up a game, and in fact I don't recall ever having a game freeze on me during startup or in the main menu..

No what I'm seeing is that sometimes out of the blue and for absolutely no reason, the voltage would drop to 1.156V from 1.200V, but the card would still chug along merrily (or maybe not so merrily) at the same boost clock. Sometimes the voltage corrects itself, and sometimes it doesn't. What does seem to be consistent is that it's always the higher ASIC card that does this, and for whatever reason it tries its damned hardest to maintain the same boost clock, which obviously presents problems since 1500+ on 1.156V is basically running on fumes.

And oddly I've never actually got the "driver has crashed and recovered" thing during any of my gaming or benching attempts. Invariably it's always been a hard lock that needed a hard reset. No blue, black, or red screen, the actual image just freezes and that's it. So yeah lol.

freezes that you're describing are caused by overclocked Memory or CPU, its normal for these video cards to have voltages do that.

Nope.. best Firestrike yet... 13,749. I guess 14,000 with a single GTX 980 is in reach with a 4790K. Let's hope NV drivers do the same for games.

Here is my score 19180 stock MSI gaming in SLI no overclocking. Stock single card is around 11k

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4609061?

I was gettng 13300 with a GTX 780 G1 gaming with a boost of 1530 and mem almost 8k

I have several programs running in the background and have not reinstalled my OS in over a year

ending up returning it and was not fond of the card. loving my MSI gaming cards 0DB tech and i did a run at 1500 boost already. Very silent unlike the windforce card.

Here is my score 19180 stock MSI gaming in SLI no overclocking. Stock single card is around 11k

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4609061?

I was gettng 13300 with a GTX 780 G1 gaming with a boost of 1530 and mem almost 8k

I have several programs running in the background and have not reinstalled my OS in over a year

ending up returning it and was not fond of the card. loving my MSI gaming cards 0DB tech and i did a run at 1500 boost already. Very silent unlike the windforce card.

nvm... yeah I got 19,000s with Tis so I'm hoping for 20,000+ when my second one arrives tomorrow.

nvm... yeah I got 19,000s with Tis so I'm hoping for 20,000+ when my second one arrives tomorrow.

impossible

are you talking about firestrike default settings because your single GTX 980 is maxed out
just to clarify you are saying you are getting 19000s in firestrike lol with one card.

yeah i can get 20k+ if i overclock
probably 23-24k with 2x SLI

came back to edit this

so you talking about graphics score or overall score
i am talking about your overall score

impossible

are you talking about firestrike default settings because your single GTX 980 is maxed out
just to clarify you are saying you are getting 19000s in firestrike lol with one card.

yeah i can get 20k+ if i overclock
probably 23-24k with 2x SLI

came back to edit this

so you talking about graphics score or overall score
i am talking about your overall score

No silly... I just compared my 19,000 score with GTX 780 Ti SLI with your GTX 980 SLI score 19,000 and it was dead even, which is surprizing. I got this one boosting around 1580 so if the other one plays nice...I'll go into benchmark mode to 4.9 Ghz and see if I can squeak out 20,000 with two 980s. I'm talking overall score.. we have the same CPU and 2400 Mhz RAM so the comparison is good to compare notes.

No silly... I just compared my 19,000 score with GTX 780 Ti SLI with your GTX 980 SLI score 19,000 and it was dead even, which is surprizing. I got this one boosting around 1580 so if the other one plays nice...I'll go into benchmark mode to 4.9 Ghz and see if I can squeak out 20,000 with two 980s. I'm talking overall score.. we have the same CPU and 2400 Mhz RAM so the comparison is good to compare notes.

Ah I see

Back