Musician Doesn't Understand 'Right To Be Forgotten' Ruling

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is what happens when you don't understand how the internet works.

But because Lazic lives in Europe, where in May the European Union ruled that individuals have a “right to be forgotten” online, he decided to take the griping one step further: On Oct. 30, he sent The Washington Post a request to remove a 2010 review by Post classical music critic Anne Midgette that – he claims — has marred the first page of his Google results for years.

Hahahahahaha.....Hahahaha.......wrong.

It doesn't work like that, dumbass.

I'd like to "forget" that speeding ticket I got 3 years ago.

This whole thing is going to turn into a giant clusterfuck that will bog down European courts for decades to come. Everyone is going to be sending in take down requests for everything they don't like. It is going to be overturned in the name of sanity.

This whole thing is going to turn into a giant clusterfuck that will bog down European courts for decades to come. Everyone is going to be sending in take down requests for everything they don't like. It is going to be overturned in the name of sanity.

Agreed. This is why lawyers exist. Some people don't get it and others intend to manipulate it.

I can imagine if Hitler were still alive... "Hey Mein Herr, zat happened vay back in 1944, delete all that toten die juden things associated with mein name pleez!"

Then Hitler might run for office again, and google searches wouldn't show any misdeeds, because why would THAT be relevant, right?

Europeans are getting pretty damn retarded, and the lawyers are going to love this.

Oh gee, the thing everyone said was fucking stupid about the european right to be forgotten laws, has happened!

WHAT WERE THE ODDS PEOPLE WERE GOING TO START ABUSING IT?!

Irony.. Now that article will become number 1 on google search and all his efforts will be in vain :rolleyes:

Way to go buddy, I never heard of you.... until now

What happens if he files another one in 4 years, about this very instance

I think its working well. The internet forgot the musician years ago and now he is googling himself like we all did 10 years ago.

Back