Seiki 4K, Anyone know how to run dot to dot on custom resolutions?

Hi
I got a seiki 4k 39in TV Set I use as a computer screen

I want to run custom resolutions of 3840 x 1800
When use CRU.exe I can up Frame Rate above 30hz (GOOD FOR GAMES)

But the image is stretched full screen. This tv has bad scaler too

Does anyone know FORCE DOT TO DOT?

I heard a user saying about making the monitor recognize the hdmi port as DVI!??!

If anyone has issues hooking up seiki televisions as a monitor through HDMI please let me know. I have figured out a method of forcing HDMI ports to read as DVIs thus allowing dot-to-dot pixel mapping.

Please someone, I am fed up of 30hz..
even 35hz would make me happy!

Dot to dot clear image is possible only when scaling is by even numbers. For example FHD. Mode you want sounds like native panel mode but with black bars instead of stretching to whole screen? It sounds like involving gpu scaling .. and that will mean getting very same refresh rates as for native UHD one. Luckily from 1st gen 4K TVs Seiki was relatively very cheap (even more so for 39", not 50" one), not much $ will be lost - is suggest simply wait a bit for and replace with acceptable by reviews 2nd gen 4K TV/monitor with native SST 60Hz via DP or HDMI 2.0. Philips BDM4065UC sounds interesting. A bit later on Seiki will release ones with DP 1.3/HDMI 2.0. Imho trying to squeeze out everything from this Seiki you have now is not worth the efforts.
P.S.
Why make separate thread? My guess is that custom modes and alike stuff might benefit other seiki users in main thread aswell :p

[The other thread is nearly 90 pages long and makes info hard to collate properly. Not to mention it's murder on searching.]

The main problem with the scaler is that everything greater than 1080 coming out of the computer gets gets scaled by the TV back down to 1080p then resized up again by the TV to the full size of the panel. That 1080 resizing is what's killing the image.

If a 2560 or a 3200 or a whatever [as long as it's a 16x9 image] was being displayed on the TV, but bypassing the scaler, the image would be fairly decent regardless of an uneven multiple of 3840 x 2160 scaling, simply because of the high dot count.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that they had hacked together a firmware that zero'd out the calls to the on tv scaling but nothing was ever posted. My dissassembly/decompiling days are more than a decade behind me but I've been trying my hand at it anyway.

I wonder if someone can get info on scaler chip usage/programming/configuring/apis from it's vendor .. but then again i'd be too lazy to dig that deep for cheap tv that most probably will be replaced by better alternatives soon to be available.

I am very interested in if this can be done.

It would be a great Feat!

I dont wanna throw this set away just yet. hehehe
I have tried multiples of 16x9 but the scaler always screws it up!
No matter what I try the dot to dot option doesn't work!

I have noticed that it works in my computer bios, it's displaying a low resolution!! (I can either go stretched or dot to dot.) I say the resolution is below 720p.

Back