Antec casing quality control takes a new low

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought 2 casing the other month. Both casing has minor damage. The 1st 1, the handle to pull the panel out, is smashed, the other casing, 1 of the corner of the panel is smashed as well.

Now, it's not done by courier. As the paint is intact, there is no crack paint on the surface, which means it's painted on AFTER the smash, in other words, it's done at the factory in china.

I wonder if the quality controller in china is asleep or if antec actually think this is okay

20130215_ThisThreadIsUselessWithoutPics.jpg

test.jpg

this is the replacement case. The part circle in green, that handle was smashed down to the pt. that it level w/ the rest of the surface. And yet no crack paint, meaning it was done at the factory

As to the other damage, it's just a smashed corner. I already return both defective cases, so no actual photos

test2.jpg

I spoke too soon. Today, I was about to build another case. This time, the top is crushed

I have to say, while I think it's an attractive case, I'm not that impressed with the build quality of my Nineteen Hundred. It replaced a ~15 year old SX1030, and the metal its made of feels paper thin by comparison. Especially for their top end product, I'm a little disappointed, although in actual use it's fine.

The damage in your pictures looks like the result of rough handling during shipping. It obviously shouldn't bend that easily, but I'd interested in seeing what the box it came in looked like. Maybe send it back, and ask that the replacement be double boxed?

Wow, you seem to have no luck. The last pic looks like shipping.

I have heard of returned cases being shipped back out, hope that is not the case with Antec.

My first (and last) Antec cases were the P180s. They were quite awesome, solidly built. Sad to see their quality going down.

The damage in your pictures looks like the result of rough handling during shipping. It obviously shouldn't bend that easily, but I'd interested in seeing what the box it came in looked like. Maybe send it back, and ask that the replacement be double boxed?

that's exactly the mystery. In all THREE cases that are damaged, there is NOT damage on the box. Here's an actual photo of the top

PhotoTop.jpg

Now, do you guys have any theory as to how that happens?

Obviously the styrofoam was stronger than the case.

That box was dropped right on it's corner (bottom left in picture), quite obviously. Styrofoam will bend cases easily. Antec cases have always been rock solid for me, except the plastics once.

That box was dropped right on it's corner (bottom left in picture), quite obviously. Styrofoam will bend cases easily. Antec cases have always been rock solid for me, except the plastics once.

My Antec case didn't have styrofoam packaging, but rather that plastic closed-cell foam, like you see in Dell boxes.

But I agree, it looks like it got dropped on the corner, causing the edge to buckle.

What about the other 2 cases? I know I don't have the actual photos, but, please explain why:

In the situation of Case 1 and 2 (NO photo shown)

1) there is not even a hair line crack on the paint or the boxes

2) if all these cases is damage by courier, do you people think the soft cardboard boxes is not strong enough?

3) There is no "ear" on the side of the box. You think the UPS courier is angry and throw these boxes because there is no ear?

==========

I have just discover there is a 4th case that is damaged. But the damage is very light, just a tiny dent at the top corner of the case. Needless to say, I don't see any damage on the box or the foam

Back