The Invisible Global Army Hot On The Trail Of Trolls

HardOCP News

[H] News
This article should probably be titled "how mods will ban your troll ass if you start any crap here." :D

From a sunlit room in a small village in Devon, a 65-year-old woman is watching you. Patrolling the internet, she admonishes cyberbullies, trolls and spammers. Jennifer Paine is an online moderator for Emoderation, a company that manages social media for companies in sectors ranging from banks to children’s online games, from HSBC to Moshi Monsters. Described as the “granny of community moderation”, her first foray into the industry was as far back as 1997, when she managed chat rooms and forums in the dark days of dial-up.

I'd hate to be the guy that gets assigned to the 4chan types.

I don't get it. When I click on the link I get an ad to sign up for something and any link on the site does the same thing. Has hardocp been hacked?

I don't get it. When I click on the link I get an ad to sign up for something and any link on the site does the same thing. Has hardocp been hacked?

You can register an account for free and see the article.

Patrolling the internet, she admonishes cyberbullies, trolls and spammers

hahahahahaha..... *takes breath hahahahahaha

As long as the internet is anonymous, there will be trolls that give zero fucks about this Jennifer Paine. In fact, I venture to guess that she might just end up pissing off the wrong person. I hope her name is an alias.

I simply roll my eyes whenever I hear about someone managing social media. Most of these people can't even create a hyperlink.

I hope they have a specific list of things that are considered bad. I know some old people that think that kissing on the lips is bad. Or saying "Poop" is bad.

Back