GA-Z68XP-UD3 LAN Defective- Driver Repair States It Cannot Find Adapter

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
What a day... so here:

• Replaced my crappy AMD 7950x2 Crossfire (driver/crashing problems) with GTX780 (never had problems with nVidia cards)... only changes made while doing so was rearranging DVD drive to make room for the 500ft long card, and had to switch a SATA power cord between two SATA HD's
• Comcast cable network been spotty ever since I got the new XFINITY Technicolor modem, and it stopped working,so I figured it finally went... went and got a replacement at the office, an Arris XFINITY modem
• The wifi from the modem works fine, the LAN works on my laptop but not on my PC that I replaced the graphic card, no matter what port/s or cables I use
• Tried reinstalling/repairing the LAN driver (directly from GB website), but in the end it stopped and said it cannot find the adapter at all, that its basically missing
• Checked BIOS jus in case, all good there

So my thinking is, somehow I either fried or disabled the LAN,or somehow the nVidia card is conflicting, or, somewhat related to some other experience on a similar GA MB, switching the HD SATA cables screwed up something, altho that other guy it was a master/slave issue and mine should be an irrelevant power cable switch really.

Maybe I'm jus tired and vexed from a totally Murphy day, but am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:
Does the LAN show up in Device Manager? You might have humped the drivers, I would just reformat.

Does the LAN show up in Device Manager? You might have humped the drivers, I would just reformat.

Besides the wireless I had to put in to get online it shows a

TAP-Windows Adapter V9
Device Type: Network adapters
Working properly

How could I have humped the drivers by replacing a cable modem or putting in a new video card.... LOL...

Are you talking about reformatting the HD totally?

I would go to gigabytes website and get the latest LAN driver for your motherboard,then uninstall all the network adapters,restart and try to install the downloaded drivers.

I would go to gigabytes website and get the latest LAN driver for your motherboard,then uninstall all the network adapters,restart and try to install the downloaded drivers.

Thats exactly what I did and got the message mentioned in the OP.

i had a similar issue with my z68-ud5 board.

i reset the bios and all was well.

Does the LAN port light up when the Ethernet cord is connected?

I dont see a light at all, I am pretty sure there were 2 little green LED's near the port when it works, but I wouldn't put my life on it.

i had a similar issue with my z68-ud5 board.

i reset the bios and all was well.

Didnt work, set to all optimized defaults... which I have done before.... dont tell me I need to do basic defaults.

Back