The Evil Within Demo

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a three chapter demo for The Evil Within on Steam today. If you like the game enough to buy it, you get to keep all the progress you made in the demo. :cool:

Starting October 30th, you’ll be able to enjoy the first three chapters for free. If you choose to purchase the game after the first three chapters, you’ll be able to continue your save progress, and as an added bonus, we’ll throw more evil your way with a free copy of Call of Cthulhu. Finally, and for a limited time only, we are offering 50% off The Evil Within’s Season Pass!

I'm still hoping for a proper fix for the fps before buying this. Whether it's the dev or the modding community, I hope someone will fix it.

While I would prefer a DRM free version a demo is a nice gesture and appreciated.

Going to have to find the widescreen option so I can turn it off. The game is not scary at all. The map design/graphics scream console. The main guy must have regenerating blood. Alien isolation is scarier. I will get this game in the future when it's on sale for $2.99 summer sale.

Graphics don't look that bad as I originally thought, at least they removed the 30 FPS cap and that stupid black bars, but will wait for a sale before I but this.

Graphics don't look that bad as I originally thought, at least they removed the 30 FPS cap and that stupid black bars, but will wait for a sale before I but this.

There was a 30 FPS cap in a id Tech 5 game? Did they ever say why? I mean, it doesn't look particularly good...

I'm actually pretty impressed by the demo. There's about 2-ish hours of gameplay if you dont power through it which is almost unheard of in this day and age.

The 60 FPS patch and the letterbox removal are great, I almost got nauseated playing on my buddy's PS4 on launch night. Will most likely pick this up, it runs smooth as silk on my main rig in my sig and i get absolutely 0 texture pop-in.

They picked a good time to release the demo, halloween weekend and also after the letterbox/60FPS patch.

Back