GTX 970 SLI and power management

Rhyme

Limp Gawd
Anyone running into issues with gtx 970s in SLI configuration?

I normally have my dual monitors go to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity. The latest nvidia drivers seem to not allow the monitors to awake when the keyboard is pressed or the mouse is moved.

This worked fine when I had a single gtx 780. My system is running windows 7.

I know the system is up and running because I can access it with my client software.

I have had it set to high performance and the only thing that goes to sleep is the monitors after 15 minutes (it's been set this way for a couple years). I've basically disabled the monitors going to sleep in the meantime and I don't have a problem when it's configured this way obviously...

There was a series of ms patches that did hit recently and the 2 nvidia driver updates... So it could be related unless there is a hardware issue with one of the video cards..

I disabled SLI and set the monitor to go to sleep after 3 minutes of inactivity. I moved the mouse after a minute of it going to sleep and it came back without issue. I'm going to see what happens if I leave it on overnight.

Last edited:
Occasionally my monitor wont wake up from sleep. I have to hold the power button on the monitor and it will wake up eventually.

Left the computer on overnight with 15 minute sleep period for the monitors and SLI disabled. Monitors came back without issue...

So with SLI disabled I have no problems with power management.... it just enabling SLI that causes my monitors not to wake up once they go to sleep...

Here's hoping the next driver will take care of this...

Back