Should I upgrade

Scootel2

Weaksauce
Current specs:
Intel Core i5-2400
8GB ram
Radeon 7950
Intel SSD

I want to be able to max all games at 1080p.

What should I upgrade?

What budget? what games? What is your system not doing?
Which parts can you continue to use?
Simplest is to upgrade CPU to a used Sandy Bridge K chip. If motherboard overclocks.
Please list motherboard, RAM, video card and power supply.
Most useful "IF" CPU is not fully employed is video card. There are some indications 3 or 4 GB VRAM will become the "standard." For some games anyway. So this might be a consideration.
R9 280X is a rebranded HD 7970,
R9 290X would be better. R9 285 performs between the two.
at the moment the GTX 970 and GTX 980 are the most "exciting" cards (IE latest) but have engendered AMD discounts (AMD has said discounts are from manufacturers).

a 7950 is plenty strong for 1080p

will you max all games? no you couldn't do that on a 980 GTX. IE super sampling and what not.

game detail wise i think the only game you couldn't play the very high spec would be crysis 3.

You don't really need to upgrade for 1080p,

Current specs:
Intel Core i5-2400
8GB ram
Radeon 7950
Intel SSD

I want to be able to max all games at 1080p.

What should I upgrade?

depending on the motherboard the cheaper would be to buy a 2500K or 2600K/2700K and overclock the hell out of those chips... if you have a non overclock capable motherboard then yes, upgrade would be advisable for some games... I think in the majority of the games if you play at 60FPS you should be just fine not stellar but just fine performance. at this point in the market i would not use anything less than a [email protected] to keep the minimum frame rates high enough...

Back