HDMI 2.0 and korean monitors with no bypass on board

UnrealCpu

2[H]4U
Trying to figure out if i can use HDMI 2.0 which is capable of 4k and 60fps cable that will pluug into the video and then plug the other side DVI into the monitor

own a yamakasi DS270

GTX 980 gaming MSI

I was also informed this is my only option to get around the no bypass converter was to by this to make 2560x1440 work on my display port.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BIZ...5-/151449260671?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123

any help would be appreciated especially from users who own a korean monitor

what is my best option?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't really understand what you are trying to do, but you asked for the best option.

The yamakasi has a DVI input, the GTX 980 has a DVI output. Use a DVI-I to DVI-I cable.

I should have explained more ..I own two monitors see sig . When in SLI i need to have two dvi ports on one video card to have both screens on. When you own a korean monitor you only have the choice to use dvi I. I own a video card with one dvi port
I purchased the powered adapter dvi to get 2560x1440 over display port . I was wondering if anyone with a korean monitor has used a powered adapter over display port or hdmi 2.0
I believe even if HDMI 2.0 supports 4k at 60hz however it will only use single link 1920x1200 if I were to purchase a cable that downgraded the signal over dvi. Basically one end hdmi and the other dvi .

If you have a hard time understanding what I am saying then you won't be much help. These korean monitors that use a single port dvi , you can not use certain brand converters . I found one online that might work which is powered from usb that will convert the signal over display port . I will use this as my secondary monitor connection s. Primary will still be over dual link dvi to alleviate any latency issues when gaming

Last edited:
I have the same active DP adapter that connects my GTX670 to my 3rd Shimian display. It should work fine.

I have the same active DP adapter that connects my GTX670 to my 3rd Shimian display. It should work fine.

Great thanks .. got a Dell BIZLINK DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter USB Powered - XT625 / CN-0XT625

25 bucks ebay shipped, supposed to work

Really tired of switching from sli to dual monitor setup.. My other monitor is plugged into my second video card.

Well that's the part I didn't understand. I could not figure out why you wanted to go through all that when you could have connected the DVI input from the DVI output on the graphics card. But now that you've clarified you have two monitors you want to hook up it makes sense.

I do not have any experience with the powered adapter over displayport, but I have found something that might be of interest to you. A guy seemed to have success outputting 1440p over HDMI with an HDMI to DVI cable here on his laptop which only had an HDMI output.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acc...g-2560x1440-1440p-signal-via-hdmi-output.html

Now I believe he was able to get 55 Hz on 1440p with this cable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085B0QNC/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item
Amazon link shows it out of stock but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back