When is AMD gpus next die shrink comming?

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Was just wondering what the best rummer of about when amd will retail a card using a smaller die process. possibly some time next year or latter than that? Just wondering since my needs are being met just fine.....but we all love new tech;)

im optimistic and I expect the cards arriving in feb..

that time frame would be ok for me since i can easily hold out till then.....i just see no point being this close to the next die shrink to invest in an older generation of card....thanks guys for the info and its sorta cool im not the only person waiting it out:D

would be an instant credit card buy if this thing smokes the 980 and titan models...just for the new geek toy...we can only prey it comes with 8 gigs of memory buy default......just to have it if we ever need it:D

Q1 2015 that's all we know. Both sides are probably going to stick with 20nm for the next year given 16nm was delayed 6 months due to TSMC having issues with the process.

would be an instant credit card buy if this thing smokes the 980 and titan models...just for the new geek toy...we can only prey it comes with 8 gigs of memory buy default......just to have it if we ever need it:D

They will definitely beat the 980. I dunno how they will fare against the big Maxwell chips still lurking in the dark.

Odds are since Amd will have the Die shrink and Nivida is still on 28nm they will likely take the crown.

If they expect to sell any cards they better be able to beat the 980...

They are not going with TSMC afaik for there 20nm cards so it should go fine.

It's just TSMC who tend to ship late and have leaky gates.

Where would they go? global foundries?, it's just as bad if not worse.

They are staying with TSMC for their GPU line as always.

GF 20nm planar > TSMC 20nm planar...

Anyway, Fiji which will be the next to release is 28nm.
16FinFet or 16FinFet+ likely won't be seen until 2H '15.

there's a reason why AMD builts most (if not all) of its APUs at TSMC

Back