Will Destiny Survive CoD And Halo?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and the next installment in the CoD franchise are going to kick Destiny in its MMO-wannabe nuts....hard.

The Master Chief collection brings with it time-tested PVP with far more customization options, Call of Duty brings with it a fresh take on a game with a well-established fan base, and Far Cry 4 brings with it strong, varied single player. All of them will almost definitely have campaigns that make Destiny’s samey slog look foolish.

Any info if they have made back all the money invested in development from launch sales?

If they have made there money back and people stop playing until next DCL comes out wont everyone be happy?

4D 7H 59M of playtime.

Any info if they have made back all the money invested in development from launch sales?

If they have made there money back and people stop playing until next DCL comes out wont everyone be happy?

4D 7H 59M of playtime.

I think they were planning on a successful launch and continue play time. Hardly anybody will buy a DLC for an abandoned game. Most people will have moved on to other franchises if they are better.

Halo had an amazing storyline, Destiny on the other hand is nothing but finding gear, a grind at that. I doubt it.

The only thing that destiny has going for it is the awesome gunplay and feel to the game.

The actual game needs a lot of work.

I could see other games cannibalizing players from it.

Destiny hasn't survived in a vacuum for me, didn't even bother hitting level 20 it was that dull. Solid gun play but otherwise completely soulless.

Destiny feels like an mmo but without all the content.

Just a few dungeons and some gear while the world is walled off by invisible barriers and other things.

The story and npc's are nearly non existent.

I don't know where they spent 200+ million on the game when games that cost <50 million can provide a TON of more content and gameplay. Look at TES/The witcher and other rpgs, faaaar more content in those.

I hope this sinks Bungie, which should have happened long ago.

Bungie has always been overrated as a developer. I'm not terribly surprised that given so much rope that they hung themselves with it. How did they spend all that money on so little gameplay?

Bungie has always been overrated as a developer. I'm not terribly surprised that given so much rope that they hung themselves with it. How did they spend all that money on so little gameplay?

As a good example. Borderlands 2 cost about $35 million and it was full of content. Destiny spend nearly 10 times as much and some people have blown through all the content in one session.

Bungie has a history of blowing all of their development time in the "brainstorming" stage. Remember the E3 demo for Halo 2? I think they spent a fuckin' year (probably more) designing that, only to realize that the Xbox couldn't handle it. Then they did a mad rush to meet Microsoft's release window.

It was a fuckin' horrible game and a disgrace to the first Halo; I don't care what anyone says. The engine was a piece of crap.

November is going to be rough going for Destiny. A ton of good titles coming.

It seems like Destiny's popularity has mostly been due to the lack of decent titles on the new consoles. I think it will quickly fall by the wayside as better games come out.

Destiny feels like an mmo but without all the content.

Just a few dungeons and some gear while the world is walled off by invisible barriers and other things.

The story and npc's are nearly non existent.

I don't know where they spent 200+ million on the game when games that cost <50 million can provide a TON of more content and gameplay. Look at TES/The witcher and other rpgs, faaaar more content in those.

When I played the beta, I worried there wasn't enough and when the game came out? I was right :(

If Halo 5 doesn't have MMO it will do good because MMO was never really a console thing.
IF Bungie increases the level cap to say 40 or something just saying 30 is a odd number say in Destiny 2 you could import your character to Destiny 2 or something the game will have lots more potential.

PlanetSide 2 players was worrying about BF4 that it will kill PS2 but it didn't happen. PS2 is full of players now. I never played Destiny but in my opinion it could survive :)

I'm sure it will survive for some. Personally though as soon as Forza Horizon 2 came out, I haven't felt compelled to play it at all.

I've got COD Pre do loaded and ready to go on launch day as well, so it might be a while before I pick this game up again. Probably don't have much interest in DC, kind of like Titan fall except I enjoyed the game play in titan fall a lot more.

Back