Enough room for airflow in my psu?

Hello.Hi everyone. I have:

- PSU: FX XXX Edition Pro Modularny 80Plus Bronze – 750W (P1-750X-XXB9)

http://www.morele.net/zasilacz-xfx-xxx-edition-pro-modularny-80plus-bronze-750w-p1-750x-xxb9-554274/

- case: Centurion 590

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/centurion-590/

Is here enough room for airflow to the fan in my psu? Here are the screens what is looking :
image.jpg

( first screen are my pc )

centurion590.jpg

( second its not screen from my pc, but this picture is only to show how my psu is sitting actually on my case )

The PSU mounts on the bottom. Actually my psu is mounted with fan facing down.
System is on carpet.
The most important question. Is here enough room for airflow to the fan in my psu? There is enough room under the case to provide air to PSU?
I need to add some material between the carpet and the bottom of the case? ( like sheet of cardboard, a piece of wood, or book )
I must raise the case up a couple inches and put something under it? Or not? What you think about that?

Last edited:
putting your PC on carpet is just asking for trouble.

putting your PC on carpet is just asking for trouble.

Another statement with zero proof. aka: Says who?
I've *always* had my PC on carpet, there's been zero issues aside from having to clean the dust filters once in a while. That's about the only place I have room to put the thing, is on the carpet.

take that pc outside and blow it out with a shop vac......may want to chop the fans first but man that puppy is dirty:D

OP you can just flip the PSU and done.. isn't like that case have a good cable management anyway, so cable length shouldn't be a problem.. also I never like to have a PC directly in the carpet, I always recommend to use some solid piece between the carpet and the case specially if you like to mess with the case constantly due to static.. I even use a 1.5cm black lined wood piece below my case in ceramic floor with ALL of my machines..

Last question. Can you look at that picture?:This is the way what i want to plug my psu on that case.

image.jpg

Is here enough room for airflow to the fan in my psu? There is enough room under the case to provide air to PSU?
I must raise the case up a couple inches and put something under it? Or not? What you think about that? Thx

Last question. Can you look at that picture?:This is the way what i want to plug my psu on that case.

image.jpg

Is here enough room for airflow to the fan in my psu? There is enough room under the case to provide air to PSU?
I must raise the case up a couple inches and put something under it? Or not? What you think about that? Thx

no....not really...needs to be raised to give it clearance to suck in air...can i ask why the big deal in mounting it upside down?is there a hole for the power supply to suck in thru the bottom of the case? otherwise it seems pointless why you mounted it this way

why raise the thing up when you can just flip the thing over correctly and be done with it?:)

ok with that being known....i would look into raising it above the carpet at least an inch just to insure its getting enough clean air.....if it were a flat floor that might not be necessary...regardless i didn't know you had a vent in the bottom so that part seems pretty good, now that i know that. All in all its a pretty good game plan since now way to drop screws into the supply and of course it gets feed room temperature air:D

Finally. I want ask you dear forum. So piece of wood will be the best yes? Like this? 2 screens: That will be ok?:

de22.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
much better:) you wont regret it:D...nice to see people open minded enough to try ideas suggested to them...I think that will work very well
Edit: did you put the stock cooler back on the cpu? Seemed like the one you had was pretty good

Last question. Because i am little afraid.
Is here enough room for airflow to the fan in my psu? There is enough room under the case to provide air to PSU? The clearance that the stock feet give me is enough room for a airflow gap? I think is less that 1 centimeter. So its enough or not? Is it safe then to mount PSU with the fan facing down on that case?
Or i must buy just the new case?
Please take a look:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i don't think a new case is absolutely necessary since you can buy raised case feet (even lighted ones) that would provide enough clearance....you just wouldn't want it sucking in dirt and lint and what not if you can help it

Ok i finally want ask you about my case. The most important question.
When i pust case on carpet the stock feet should not interfere with airflow? Stock feet is enough when i put case on carpet?

image.jpg

feet.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Another statement with zero proof. aka: Says who?
I've *always* had my PC on carpet, there's been zero issues aside from having to clean the dust filters once in a while. That's about the only place I have room to put the thing, is on the carpet.

I agree. I always drive without a seat belt and I haven't died yet.

if the carpet is clean as fuck and of high quality.....it be alright...i thought possibly it would suck in less dirt being on a solid surface is all.......if you do routine blow outs it might be a moot point...who knows maybe the carpet itself will act as a dust filter

now if the pc were to get dragged on the carpet during the winter it could charge the case up with a static charge...only one way to find out

Can i put under case something like that ( cardboard )?

cboard.jpg

Is is safety and will be ok?

course it will......in the mean time you can pick up a small piece of something like plywood cut to the exact size you need next time your in one of the big box stores...the actual size you would need gets thrown away every day in them stores...but the card board be ok for now...lol tell them your thinking of have your floors redone in wood flooring and they give you a sample about the size you need for free....walk over to lumber and have then cut it to the perfect size :D if an employ try to give you attuned just ask for there full name and say your gonna call corporate, not to mention just do your buying at the other store....whether it be blue one or the orange one

i personally feel like you could get them to give you a very nice piece of an open box of wood flooring.....once there open they cant sell for new anyway so one missing piece of wood flooring is no big deal...that crap happens everyday in those stores

Last edited:
Back