Generating Sparks From Falling Water

well, at least he mentions that it's kelvin's water dropper and a pretty old concept.

well, at least he mentions that it's kelvin's water dropper and a pretty old concept.

Just another proof that the Universe is an incredibly awesome place. The physics of reality are a million times more incredible that the greatest Science Fiction novels ever written. I love it! :D

I can bend water by combing my hair with a plastic comb and moving it close to a stream of water from the faucet too. :p

Water (H2O) is a polar compound. It's subject to effects of magnetism (and thereby electricity) like any other compound when it's put in a large enough field.

That's how they do large water flow meters in things like water plants. They stick a charged pipe in the middle of the tube and as the water rushes by it causes changes in voltage/current. This change in voltage/current is a function of the volume of water flowing past.

I used to do this in my lab when we gave engineering week tours at the university. Fun stuff. Go Lord Kelvin .

Sadly 6.5 years to charge my phone isn't much longer then it takes now :p

Thank author sharing, such as a very complex issue, the relationship between the current and the spray, covering a very wide range proposed by the authors.

Back