GhostDash: Augmented Reality Ghost Car and HUD

seriously, u dont need a screen for HUD, Corvette Z06 and multiple Buick model has full HD-Color HUD projected direct to windshield without "Screen"

seriously, u dont need a screen for HUD, Corvette Z06 and multiple Buick model has full HD-Color HUD projected direct to windshield without "Screen"

There's even aftermarket hud displays that will project onto your stock windshield. That "screen" they're using seems awfully dangerous and horribly distracting, not to mention the projector flashing in your face.

There's even aftermarket hud displays that will project onto your stock windshield. That "screen" they're using seems awfully dangerous and horribly distracting, not to mention the projector flashing in your face.

I had to stare at the projector for a while. I couldn't believe they have a projector pointed at your face.

I completely agree with all the comments. I need to be in an accident with all that crap in front of me.

have you ever had an LCD/DLP projector shined in your face? it f'ing hurts like hell, I can't see how this is a good idea

I'm hoping that hanging screen is just a prototype...

Noone in their right mind would drive a car with a screen hanging down infront of them like that.

Jaguar showed off their ghost car HUD months ago. Wonder if this would run afoul of any copyrights?

I've thought of doing this for a long time except with a clear flexible OLED screen on the windshield and for Motorcycle helmets.

I thought the whole "ghost" aspect of a "ghost HUD" was the ability to look through your vehicle as though it wasn't there? This looks like a standard HUD to me. Am I missing something?

Well he does say it's for the track. Maybe it's fine for practicing before a race?

I thought the whole "ghost" aspect of a "ghost HUD" was the ability to look through your vehicle as though it wasn't there? This looks like a standard HUD to me. Am I missing something?

Well he does say it's for the track. Maybe it's fine for practicing before a race?
This was the key point I missed. It looks like it projects an image of your car on the HUD, like the "ghost" cars in those video games all the kids are wild about. I misunderstood the phrasing.

Back