Trouble setting up MST display with firepro card

I wasn't sure if i should put this in the video card section or monitor sections.

I just got 2 new dell 4k monitors (up2414q). I'm using a firepro v4900 from AMD, with the latest drivers from their website for firepro cards. In the physical display settings i have DP 1.2 enabled. Currently only 1 4k monitor is plugged in as well as my dell 3007wfp.

The graphics card has 2 display port 1.2 ports. I am connected to the mini dp port on the display to the full size display port on the card, using the included dell cable.

I've looked online briefly and tried screwing around with amd's catalyst software but i'm not really getting anywhere. Right now, the display is at 1920*2160.
In the Microsoft display screen resolution area, i see my primary display (dell 3007wfp) at full resolution. With only 1 of the 4k screens plugged in, i see a blacked out and small screen and another full size screen, with the resolution running at 1920*2160.

How do i get the display to full resolution?

Thanks

Update
I added the second monitor to the mix and got rid of the 30 inch. For some reason the second one works just fine while the first one still has the same problem.

Looking in AMD catalyst software, under Port 1, it shows total bandwith at 20.76 gbs, with two screens using 49% of it
Under port 2, it shows 10.38gbps for total bandwith, being eaten up by one monitor, with 98% usaged.
It also says the internal hub is in use.

In 'Creating and arragin Desktops', it shows 4 screens total under, Please Select a display. 2 of them are linked, and form the working monitor. However, for the other two, AMD says one of the screens is disabled, while the other one is fine. The software does not present a way to enable this disabled display.

Very perplexing..
I switched the ports they were plugged into on the graphics card, and it reversed the problem, making the previously screwy display non screwy and vice versa.
i'm ordering a new graphics card (amd w5100) which promises to work with multiple 4k monitors OOB.

Last edited:
Back