Twitter 'Source Of All Evil'

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure what this guy's point is, if you look at Twitter's "About Us" page I'm pretty sure it says "we are the source of all evil...in 140 characters or less." :D

Twitter is nothing more than "a source of lies" and evil, Saudi Arabia's top Muslim cleric said, in comments that sparked lively debate Tuesday on the microblogging site. Twitter is "the source of all evil and devastation", the mufti said.

All social media is the devils invention if there ever was one. I was briefly tainted by facebook and that was a valuable lesson. No more social media accounts.

Twitter and social media is evil for oppressive governments. You give the citizens access to information and the ability to communicate with some secrecy, and you'll get some unrest. If you control the information and communications, things will be much better.

Cool, anti-#GamerGate believes the same thing too, cause they can't control it

anti-#GamerGate's extended family will execute Twitter in the media if they don't fall in line. I saw someone bashing it recently who was praising it just a few weeks before.

That isn't true ... we all know that women are the source of all evil ... there is even a mathematical proof:

woman = Time * Money

however, we know that Time is Money, so woman = Money * Money or woman =Money squared

but we also know that money is the root of all evil money = sqrt(evil)

so woman = sqrt(evil) squared or woman = evil QED

:)

Twitter and social media is evil for oppressive governments. You give the citizens access to information and the ability to communicate with some secrecy, and you'll get some unrest. If you control the information and communications, things will be much better.

Twitter and other social media has done far more damage spreading misinformation than and potential good it has done to get information to those under oppressive government control.

It is too easy to find bullshit that supports any view regardless of how stupid and ill-informed it may be. Just look at the shear amount of fake new stories there are floating around that people accept as fact.

Logical fallacy. We can't do anything about being human, but we know better about religion.

Religion is a rival to the state for the minds of the public, if it won't obey, it must go.

That isn't true ... we all know that women are the source of all evil ... there is even a mathematical proof:

woman = Time * Money

however, we know that Time is Money, so woman = Money * Money or woman =Money squared

Correction: The love of money is the root of all evil, but I like your line of thinking ;).

woman = Time * Money

I heard somewhere that men tend to spend more money than women. Women spend more time shopping than men, but in actual dollars, more money leaves a wallet than a purse. In certain categories of spending like online shopping, houses, cars, and penis enlargement products there's a huge disparity tilted toward higher male spending.

I heard somewhere that men tend to spend more money than women. Women spend more time shopping than men, but in actual dollars, more money leaves a wallet than a purse. In certain categories of spending like online shopping, houses, cars, and penis enlargement products there's a huge disparity tilted toward higher male spending.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxg73azegg

More like if you pay attention to Twitter as if it the the absolute authority on anything other than complete bullshit you are the source of all resulting evil.

Logical fallacy. We can't do anything about being human, but we know better about religion.
Religious views have been around as long as men have been. Humans will evolve into a new breed before religion dies out completely. So, no.

Religious views have been around as long as men have been. Humans will evolve into a new breed before religion dies out completely. So, no.

And man has been woefully ignorant and uneducated most of that time. However with more and more of mankind becoming scientifically educated to actual facts and not myths religious abandonment is accelerating. Now while you could argue that belief in a god (s) won't die off anytime soon and I would agree. Believe in established religion I give 2 - 3 Generations tops before that dies off completely.

And man has been woefully ignorant and uneducated most of that time.
Mankind is one button push away from the biggest foolish act in human history. 1983 and things aren't any better today. As long as they're available they'll always be an option.

"There are two problems for our species' survival - nuclear war and environmental catastrophe - and we're hurtling towards them. Knowingly." - Noam Chomsky

However with more and more of mankind becoming scientifically educated to actual facts and not myths religious abandonment is accelerating.
Some people may not like the fact there is no illusion of any god. Those man made religions have held the masses at bay (for the most part) for tens of thousands of years. Turning the entire population of the planet into atheists/agnostics could have some undesirable negative side effect. I don't know. I hate religion all the same and have actively bashed it all of my adult life but I look at the majority of people and realize it's a fence to keep them in line. Remove it and we shall see what becomes of it.

Mankind is one button push away from the biggest foolish act in human history. 1983 and things aren't any better today. As long as they're available they'll always be an option.

"There are two problems for our species' survival - nuclear war and environmental catastrophe - and we're hurtling towards them. Knowingly." - Noam Chomsky

Some people may not like the fact there is no illusion of any god. Those man made religions have held the masses at bay (for the most part) for tens of thousands of years. Turning the entire population of the planet into atheists/agnostics could have some undesirable negative side effect. I don't know. I hate religion all the same and have actively bashed it all of my adult life but I look at the majority of people and realize it's a fence to keep them in line. Remove it and we shall see what becomes of it.

Note I specifically disassociated belief in god from belief in religion. In retrospect I should of stated "following of religion". I don't see the major organized religions honestly surviving more than a generation or two. More and more people are opening their eyes to exactly what those are.

Note I specifically disassociated belief in god from belief in religion. In retrospect I should of stated "following of religion". I don't see the major organized religions honestly surviving more than a generation or two. More and more people are opening their eyes to exactly what those are.
In my opinion something new and a lot more believable yet still absurd will rise up to take its place. This is a cycle throughout human history. Religions change all the time but either way a lot of humans need a placeholder until they have substantiated facts which they're unlikely to ever get. It's exactly why you can't rationalize with a lot of religious people. It's an irrational fear, not knowing. Also, it's going to take a lot longer than two more generations in my opinion for people to no longer believe current religions. I'm sure someone is working on something new to lie to people about as we speak for when it does happen though.

I guess I just can't see an entire planet full of smart people all accepting the fact that we really just don't know what's going on in or outside of the universe. I'd love to be wrong though, for sure.

In my opinion something new and a lot more believable yet still absurd will rise up to take its place. This is a cycle throughout human history. Religions change all the time but either way a lot of humans need a placeholder until they have substantiated facts which they're unlikely to ever get. It's exactly why you can't rationalize with a lot of religious people. It's an irrational fear, not knowing. Also, it's going to take a lot longer than two more generations in my opinion for people to no longer believe current religions. I'm sure someone is working on something new to lie to people about as we speak for when it does happen though.

I guess I just can't see an entire planet full of smart people all accepting the fact that we really just don't know what's going on in or outside of the universe. I'd love to be wrong though, for sure.

While this is no doubt true, I doubt many rational thinkers would argue that breaking the current status quo wouldn't be a good thing. I don't particularly care if people want to believe in a god. I care when people feel it is their right/duty to shove that belief down everyone else's throat, use it to hold back progress and oppress any group of people that don't believe like they do.

Back