Passage Replaces Your Passwords with Images

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Disrupt Europe Hackathon 2014 held in London this weekend produced some really good ideas on security issues and one memorable one was called Passage. A combination of password and image, it perfectly describes the concept of a new, secure and simple type of password.

You can use a different image for every account and even multiple images so you have a fallback for when you lose your driver’s license, for example.

Interesting concept. Seems not to have been created yet, just a concept. I'd love to give it a whirl when they have something.

2 factor via SMS or Google Authenticator sounds a shit-ton better than having to take a picture of your driver's license every time to log in.

2 factor via SMS or Google Authenticator sounds a shit-ton better than having to take a picture of your driver's license every time to log in.

No offense but following your logic an anal probe would be even better

QR code or picture on your keychain. Or even just one of your keys againt the fob for contrast.

I have to be cynical here.

Anything that introduces more layers between you and the encrypted endpoints provides more opportunities for exploit. With this you need a camera (which are notoriously insecure) some app to capture the images and send them to the site, image libraries, file upload etc.

I definitely don't want to be an early user.

Back