Mystery Spy Spaceship Lands on Earth After Record 675-Day Orbit

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Alrighty then Space Cadets, it’s time to don those tin foil hats once again. After 675 days in orbit above Earth, the X-37B landed safely with its top secret orbital experiments safely in hand. Conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this one. :D

The fact that this spacecraft has been in orbit for almost two years and has returned to Earth intact is an amazing technological feat.

It does look quite a bit like the manned ships in Armageddon.

cool so we can all be dead for what ever reason and that thing can come back down and do what?

More than likely related to the Mars expedition. 675 days is about the time it takes to travel to Mars and back.

More than likely related to the Mars expedition. 675 days is about the time it takes to travel to Mars and back.
Maybe they actually went to Mars.

The aliens that live under the surface just said to keep it on the down low.

The X-37B never made it back at all. What returned in its place was the Decepticon Astrotrain.

Astrotraincrossingovershuttle.jpg

What it probably really does is repair the US's secret spy satellites, and possibly retrieve other countries' space junk (defunct spy satellites or fragments of destroyed spy satellites) in the hopes of gaining some intel on them.

So reusable space plan that was thrown tons of NASA's money at Boeing, now the US military throws tons of it's money at it and we get a working model.

Tyler you FOOL!!!! You've killed us all, it is ....

GORT .... KLAATU .... BERADA .... NICKTOE
:eek:
You assume I wanted to deactivate Gort. It was a slow Saturday night, so I thought I'd start some excitement by botching the code phrase, thus pissing off the big silver bastard and causing him to destroy the world. Too bad for all those fools who won't get to enjoy their new GTX 980 and 970 cards. :p

AFAIK this is still under the US Air Force right?

Considering Japan has a proposal to create a Space Self-Defense Force which was in the news a few months ago, shouldn't the conspiracy theorists be more "worried" about Japan?

Why would they propose something like that yet we never get any reports about any of their experimental space ships? Except for that big "statue"...

Considering Japan has a proposal to create a Space Self-Defense Force which was in the news a few months ago, shouldn't the conspiracy theorists be more "worried" about Japan?...
Why? If Japan does anything militarily, it was already pre-approved by the US government. There are certain permanent advantages to nuking a place. There are serious (usually financial) rewards for every war ever fought throughout human history. That's precisely why wars are fought in the first place no matter what you hear on the evening news.

It wasn't in orbit, it was really a test of the first warp drive. It traveled to an in inhabited star system populated by... ancient aliens!

It was up there mapping all the other unmarked satellites and possibly dropping new couter measures.

Ha Ha, in reality I find it spooky that an unmanned spacecraft that went up in 2012, did all kinds of secret work and then came back like the space shuttle self-guided...kindof, and worked.

2 years in space, not some mission to mars or anything, landed in heavy gravity, etc.

Its just materials testing. Its not a big deal. If the military wanted it kept secret you all wouldn't have even knew of its flight path and landing time scale or anything really.

Gort... Klaatu... Verada... Niktoe...

You assume I wanted to deactivate Gort. It was a slow Saturday night, so I thought I'd start some excitement by botching the code phrase, thus pissing off the big silver bastard and causing him to destroy the world. Too bad for all those fools who won't get to enjoy their new GTX 980 and 970 cards. :p

Waait, you've got it backwards. So now instead of Gort turning on the regenotron to revive Klaatu, he's gonna be like "What? Klaatu killed a mid sized Mitsubishi sedan????."

Back