which 32 inch 1440 p monitor ?

white_dove

Limp Gawd
Which 32 inch monitor would you recommend, guys ?
BenQ BL3200PT
Samsung S32D850T
Acer B326HUL
Please help me to make a decision, thanks

I have the benq 32. Very happy after I got the settings the way i liked them. I play mostly games. The black level is awesome.

Do not get the Acer B326. Went to pick up my BenQ BL3200PT today at the local store and they had the Acer on display. It has terrible trailing, even browsing the internet was horrible because black text on white background would leave clearly visible trails when scrolling. Nearly cancelled my BenQ order since they use the same panel, but decided to trust the good impressions I've read about. Glad I did, I can confirm the BenQ does NOT have any trailing like the Acer.

What about Samsung S32D850T ?

i've got the samsung -- picked it up at fry's on sale.

it is the SAME panel as the other two, the main differences being (as far as I can see) would be no integrated speakers (i didn't care), a lighter bottom bezel (I don't notice it), and different firmware/OSD.

As far as I can tell, the image quality is as good as the benq. I don't have the banding that people are talking about -- I can't help but wonder if Samsung gets first pick in the AUO panel lottery, just simply based on their size.

AUO=BenQ

The BenQ's color presets are not as good as the Acer's and requires some tuning, but the Acer suffers from really obvious overshoot ghosting. The Samsung likely has better color presets than the BenQ as well, but the multi-coloured bezel messes with the perceived black depth and uniformity (blacks look significantly darker near the bottom silver bezel) and it is likely only PWM free down the 30% brightness like the S27D850T while the others are PWM free.

The HP 32 Envy should have excellent color presets like the Acer, but Envy's have 2 good overdrive settings.

AUO=BenQ

The BenQ's color presets are not as good as the Acer's and requires some tuning, but the Acer suffers from really obvious overshoot ghosting. The Samsung likely has better color presets than the BenQ as well, but the multi-coloured bezel messes with the perceived black depth and uniformity (blacks look significantly darker near the bottom silver bezel) and it is likely only PWM free down the 30% brightness like the S27D850T while the others are PWM free.

The HP 32 Envy should have excellent color presets like the Acer, but Envy's have 2 good overdrive settings.

Question for you NCX -- this Samsung comes with a "Sharpness" setting of 60 by default -- it looks wrong to me, as 50 looks neutral to my eyes.

Is there any way to determine what the "neutral" (ie, no-enhancement-applied) setting is on a Samsung? (And what does 'sharpness' mean anyway in the context of a displayport signal -- shouldn't it just be turning each pixel on and off based on what the video card is ordering it to do?)

Back