27" 2560x1440 replacement for u2412m

Grim667

n00b
I have been using Dell U2412m for the 3 last years and i have been pretty satisfied with it. I am buying a new GPU (MSI GTX 970) and I am also looking to move on with the display. I dont think its the right time to buy 4K monitor yet as the performance of my GPU will not be sufficient for 4K so I am looking for 2560x1440 resolution.

1) 27'' 2560x1440
2) Matte - I have been living the past 3 years in a pretty sunny country (Mexico) and I really like the antiglare coating (even though I have read that there are people who hate it).
3) IPS - as I have an IPS monitor already I guess I would go back to TN and I have had use for the viewing angles a lot of times (showing photos, somebody watching me play, etc)
4) The same or preferably lower Input lag and Response time than my current monitor (U2412m)

I do a lot of gaming SC2 (probably the most important for me), Battlefield 4, Warcraft 3, Age of Empires 2 HD, a bit of Quake 3, Alien Isolation (right now), etc. I like to check all my photos here but definitely not on a professional level so no need for calibration nor wide gamut. The rest is web browsing, documents and programming (I have more than enough at work so I almost do not program at home)
I already read a couple of posts on the forum and I guess my strongest candidate would be single input QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll [Matte] which should meet all my requirements. I would like to ask a couple of questions:

- Is there anyone who has both of the monitors (Dell and QNIX) to tell me how does the response time compare? (Input lag is a clear win for QNIX as it is single input DVI)

- Are there any other monitors which should I consider as most of the korean monitors are glossy :-( and Overlord Tempest seems to be Sold Out right now.

- Is there anything important for me to now before buying QNIX apart from that it should NOT be "Multi TRUE10" nor "SE" and that I should probably order "perfect pixel" one. Anything to check with the vendor before buying.

Last edited:
You may want to hold off until the Dell U2715H is available, as it may also be a candidate that meats your criteria.

My budget points more for the korean monitors as I would not like to spend more than 500$ or 550$. Thank you for the link it provides a lot of useful information. As for the Dell U2715H the problem is the availability as you say and I have no idea about the input lag or response time. The previous 27" from Dell had more input lag than my U2412m.

Back