FBI Screens Interns On Their Piracy Habits

HardOCP News

[H] News
The FBI screens interns on their piracy habits? You don't say. :rolleyes:

Applicants to the FBI's internship program will have to answer potentially tricky questions if they want to be accepted by the investigative and intelligence agency. In addition to questions relating to drug use, potential interns are required to reveal their historic downloading habits.

Maybe they want to know how useful you'll be with preexisting knowledge of "where to go" ?

Congratulations. You've just excluded that vast majority of applicants who are competent with technology.

Everyone's pirated something. They are just weeding out those who are too stupid to fool a polygraph test.

polygraphs are easy to fool. Just pinch your asshole every time you answer a question.

They won't find many perfect people. Especially that want to work for the government. Even Boy Scouts are not perfect. People pirate, people drink, people smoke, people lie. But, you can have the ones that admit to it and are trustworthy to you. I'd take the non-perfect, trustworthy candidate any day of the week. Yea, he's pirated all Game of Thrones, but he will tell you he did. He's not afraid to do something in the 'grey' area, but he won't lie to you and say he didn't do anything...

IMO it would be worth applying for an FBI job just to have some fun with this.

It's all because their employees have been caught torrenting stuff a few times in the past. It looks super bad yelling about piracy while your workers are pirating stuff and maintaining a good seed ratio.

So we're all in agreement that the FBI's first and foremost duty is to protect the profits of Warner amd Sony Corp. It's a legal baby step from that to having the TSA confiscate copyrighted material at our airports and borders. Just ask any German over the age of 75.

if you say you never do, they wont believe you. if you are too honest, no job for you. A catch 22. Best thing is probably to br less than totally honest, and say you used Napster x-years ago as a young person,etc and keep it at that.

Congratulations. You've just excluded that vast majority of applicants who are competent with technology.

I was thinking the same thing.

Or, Congratulations, you've narrowed the job pool to just those who can lie convincingly.

if you say you never do, they wont believe you. if you are too honest, no job for you. A catch 22. Best thing is probably to br less than totally honest, and say you used Napster x-years ago as a young person,etc and keep it at that.
What if they ask the NSA what you do before asking you the question?

I was thinking the same thing.

Or, Congratulations, you've narrowed the job pool to just those who can lie convincingly.

Analytical minds with psychopathic tendencies.

We need more of those in government.

FBI Interrogator: So, have you ever illegally pirated anything from a torrent site?
Potential Recruit: Why yes I have. That won't disqualify me will it, after all my lengthy criminal record was considered irrelevant for the position I am applying. This is an anti-cybercrime position and I'm a freaking hacker after all.
FBI Interrogator: You're hired.

Next

Back