Consensual Sex App Pulled From Apple Store

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Apple has an issue with people having consensual sex.

The app was in response to a bill Governor Jerry Brown signed making California the first state to require “affirmative, conscious and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity” on college campuses and adopt requirements for colleges to follow when investigating sexual assault reports.

There have to be some huge potential liability issues with this idea, they shut down the Android app and web site as well.

What kind of stupid law is that? Rape is already illegal. Do I have to have a notarized document in front of two other witnesses before I insert the D?

Thanks Obama.

Back in my day (and I thought it was still my day, but laws like this make me think otherwise), playing coy was a big part of the sexual game. Sometimes that coyness lasted right through the sex itself.

What kind of stupid law is that? Rape is already illegal. Do I have to have a notarized document in front of two other witnesses before I insert the D?

Thanks Obama.

It's Jerry Brown and Kalifornistan. Would you expect less?

Not to mention, virtually all Japanese girls have been trained to pretend not to want it, but then "give in" while complaining "no its too big", and then make chipmunk sounds during sex. And they want the girls to specifically state that they are completely sober? Girls like to be able to use alcohol as an excuse to have uninhibited sex, and hell to the best of my knowledge I'd still be a virgin if no alcohol were ever involved in hooking up whatsoever. I say NAY!

I can only imagine this was something thought up by San Francisco lesbians that are mad that straight people are having too much sex, and consider any form of penetration as a form of rape.

So the science fiction half jokes about having to sign a written agreement prior to sex are becoming a reality. I have to say I can't envy the young of these days, they have to deal with HIV AND danger of post sex lawsuits if the girl starts to regret the thing afterwards or her parents are bigots and she has to lie about it.

Thanks Obama.

While I don't think it really has anything to do with Obama (not that there aren't a litany of reasons to dislike the job he is doing), that basically was my interpretation of the law based upon the articles that I read concerning it. I did question why it specifically applied to college campuses though. If rape is illegal, shouldn't it be just as illegal everywhere within the state, not more illegal in some areas?

The app itself is/was a silly response to a silly law. Unfortunately, it looks like that is where we are heading in our society.

Good! Sex is gross and technology should be preserved as a pillar of purity, a blinding halo of good and right that isn't covered in goo and full of yuck. More cat pics, less sex!

Almost nobody is going to ask and obtain written consent and they know it. The purpose of the law to me seems to be to lower the bar in making assault accusations to create a 'rape epidemic' when there is none.

The app is silly enough people may actually use it. That contrary to the purpose of the law.

I guess they will need to build a "Rape Prison" in every county.

Almost nobody is going to ask and obtain written consent and they know it. The purpose of the law to me seems to be to lower the bar in making assault accusations to create a 'rape epidemic' when there is none.
Yup, so no more "hit it and quit it", and you pretty much HAVE to make breakfast in bed and what not to ensure you're on her good side in the morning, otherwise if you piss her off she'll say she TOLD you she was drunk, and now its "rape".

Great for the ladies, not so great for guys, especially since guys have been trained that when a girl is giggling and acting super drunk after half a beer and saying "gosh I'm so drunk" when hanging off you, that's supposed to code for "have your way with me" without sounding like a slut that always bones on the first date.

Do I have to have a notarized document in front of two other witnesses before I insert the D?
No, the law does not require this.

And they want the girls to specifically state that they are completely sober?
No, the law does not require this either.

The law has its faults, but you don't seem to be correctly identifying them. If you care at all about having a factually correct understanding of the law, feel free to read it: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB967

Otherwise, carry on.

It's Jerry Brown and Kalifornistan. Would you expect less?

Maybe Jerry Brown just is not getting any and does not want others doing it??? We know that the big Arnold was getting plenty on the side.

(B) The complainant was incapacitated due to the influence of drugs, alcohol, or medication, so that the complainant could not understand the fact, nature, or extent of the sexual activity.

Alcohol involved = rape

The law has its faults, but you don't seem to be correctly identifying them.
I'm a girl, we had sex while I was seen by friends to have been drinking alcohol, and now I say you raped me.

I don't claim I ever said no to your sexual advances at ANY time during sex, nor at ANY time provided any resistance when you started kissing me and put it in my butt.

I simply state I was tipsy, and that for that reason you raped me. Explain to me why, according to this law, you have no legal concerns and are 100% safe from prosecution:

It is the responsibility of each person involved in the sexual activity to ensure that he or she has the affirmative consent of the other or others to engage in the sexual activity. Lack of protest or resistance does not mean consent, nor does silence mean consent. Affirmative consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual activity and can be revoked at any time. In the evaluation of complaints in the disciplinary process, it shall not be a valid excuse that the accused believed that the complainant affirmatively consented to the sexual activity if the accused knew or reasonably should have known that the complainant was unable to consent to the sexual activity under any of the following circumstances: (B) The complainant was incapacitated due to the influence of drugs, alcohol, or medication, so that the complainant could not understand the fact, nature, or extent of the sexual activity or (C) The complainant was unable to communicate due to a mental or physical condition.
Face it bro, I wasn't of sound mind since I was intoxicated, which we know impairs judgement which is why its illegal to drink and drive. You're going to jail.

Feminists win! That's what you get for leaving at 5AM and calling me a slut when I caught you bailing.

holy shit, you've got to be a real fucking lowlife if you can't muster up a simple, "do you want to have sex with me?" or "is it ok if I do this?"

if your only chance of having sex is waiting until the person is too fucked up to answer a basic question then jump off a bridge

No, the law does not require this.

No, the law does not require this either.

The law has its faults, but you don't seem to be correctly identifying them. If you care at all about having a factually correct understanding of the law, feel free to read it: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB967

Otherwise, carry on.

The law, which was completely unneeded, just makes another loophole for a rape-accuser to screw over a completely innocent person. For example, the language describing the victim being "reckless" with their decisions based upon alcohol use. Whats worse, this new would have been the perfect opportunity to protect those falsely accused by putting damages on those "victims" found to be lying. An accusal of rape can ruin people's (men's) lives, even if they are found innocent.

I'm a girl, we had sex while I was seen by friends to have been drinking alcohol, and now I say you raped me.

I don't claim I ever said no to your sexual advances at ANY time during sex, nor at ANY time provided any resistance when you started kissing me and put it in my butt.

I simply state I was tipsy, and that for that reason you raped me. Explain to me why, according to this law, you have no legal concerns and are 100% safe from prosecution:

Face it bro, I wasn't of sound mind since I was intoxicated, which we know impairs judgement which is why its illegal to drink and drive. You're going to jail.

Feminists win! That's what you get for leaving at 5AM and calling me a slut when I caught you bailing.

The real repercussions of this law will be seen by ihop, dennys, and grocery stores. Gonna have to start making or taking her out for breakfast before dropping the whole "this was great but just a one time thing". lol

So glad to be done with those days....wait no, now i have to make breakfast all the time. dammit!

The law, which was completely unneeded, just makes another loophole for a rape-accuser to screw over a completely innocent person. For example, the language describing the victim being "reckless" with their decisions based upon alcohol use. Whats worse, this new would have been the perfect opportunity to protect those falsely accused by putting damages on those "victims" found to be lying. An accusal of rape can ruin people's (men's) lives, even if they are found innocent.

If you're that afraid of being accused, then just don't do it. The solution is really not at all that hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

holy shit, you've got to be a real fucking lowlife if you can't muster up a simple, "do you want to have sex with me?" or "is it ok if I do this?"
I say you never said that, and it doesn't even matter if I consented if I can prove you picked me up at a bar and I was drunk.

I don't think any of the chics I've ever had sex with verbally said anything about wanting to have sex. It was kind of like, it just happened, like it should.
I did it this way without every raping anybody, too...yay!

If you're that afraid of being accused, then just don't do it. The solution is really not at all that hard to figure out. :rolleyes:
Exactly, there's nothing wrong with a "guilty until proven innocent" type of law, and the solution is to just never have sex ever. Sounds like a reasonable solution to feminazi laws...

OK. I see you chose not to understand the law.
And you can't even TRY to explain why you shouldn't be worried even using a specific scenario with the law quoted to you. OOPS! Ya, check and mate, mate. You're going to jail.

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with a "guilty until proven innocent" type of law, and the solution is to just never have sex ever. Sounds like a reasonable solution to feminazi laws...

You're forgetting the fact that the legal system was originally made by men and has always been a male-majority system including enforcement, courts, and government. If you have a gripe about it, you have men to blame for it and should direct your anger at your own side of the gender fence.

Not to mention, virtually all Japanese girls have been trained to pretend not to want it, but then "give in" while complaining "no its too big", and then make chipmunk sounds during sex. And they want the girls to specifically state that they are completely sober? Girls like to be able to use alcohol as an excuse to have uninhibited sex, and hell to the best of my knowledge I'd still be a virgin if no alcohol were ever involved in hooking up whatsoever. I say NAY!

I can only imagine this was something thought up by San Francisco lesbians that are mad that straight people are having too much sex, and consider any form of penetration as a form of rape.

this is the funniest post i've read in a while. Keep posting brother :)

You're forgetting the fact that the legal system was originally made by men and has always been a male-majority system including enforcement, courts, and government. If you have a gripe about it, you have men to blame for it and should direct your anger at your own side of the gender fence.
Lawyers are not people, and judges are promoted lawyers. They are self-serving d-bags in human form. There are more female voters than male, and feminists have tremendous political power, and have for ages. Hell, who do you think created the catastrophe that was the prohibition? The male population? LMAO! That was primarily housewives at the time pissed that their husbands were going out and enjoying drinks with the guys, and trying to ruin their good time so they would come home and do chores and help with the kids.

if your only chance of having sex is waiting until the person is too fucked up to answer a basic question then jump off a bridge

You're ridiculous and there is no other word for it. I have come to learn from many posts you've made here on [H] that you are the "feminazi" types that we joke about. You try to seem logical and intelligent about it, but your core beliefs are absolutely ridiculous. In the PTSD thread you claimed someone was "personally attacking" you for questioning your reasoning. (http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041148740&postcount=43). In other threads you've made vast assumptions about men, while still claiming some moral ground. In even others you've denied physical and genetic differences between the genders, why? because you said so.

I'm a sexist asshole and its people like you that are the reason.

I'm curious, do you believe that your constant references to feminazis and lesbians make people take your arguements more or less seriously?
Hey, if its the excuse you need to completely avoid staying on topic and answering the question of how you're protected from my hypothetical rape accusation with the law I have specifically quoted in the other post, then I'm happy to give you that out. You're welcome.

Hey guys.. I know this is going to sound abhorrent and shocking. Maybe. MAYBE you should.. I don't know. KNOW the person you are going to have sex with in an adult relationship BEFORE attempting to have sex with them.

You see in adult relationships saying things like. "I want to have wild crazy sex with you." is likely to be met by.. "Oh my god ok but I want to get drunk first so I will do anything." if not .. "LETS GO!"

So this whole fear of boning the drunk girl and going to jail because she didn't say no but just kind of layed there. Yea. That's a thing. Just means you get the chance to have FAR BETTER SEX.

There IS a silver lining.

hell to the best of my knowledge I'd still be a virgin if no alcohol were ever involved in hooking up whatsoever
I understand now why this is so upsetting for you. By your own admission, you are apparently not able to have sex without alcohol.

Lawyers are not people, and judges are promoted lawyers. They are self-serving d-bags in human form. There are more female voters than male, and feminists have tremendous political power, and have for ages. Hell, who do you think created the catastrophe that was the prohibition? The male population? LMAO! That was primarily housewives at the time pissed that their husbands were going out and enjoying drinks with the guys, and trying to ruin their good time so they would come home and do chores and help with the kids.

Feminists have only begun to fix the things that have been wrong with civilization for countless thousands of years which are still wrong on many places on the planet and you're upset that they advocated their husbands act responsibly to take care of their children? Wow...between that and the lawyers not being people because of their occupation, I'm not really sure where to start. You're pretty clearly thinking very emotionally rather than rationally about this issue if you actually take any of that weirdness seriously.

Only IT neckbeards have the courage to stand up to lesbian feminazi false rape accusations.

I understand now why this is so upsetting for you. By your own admission, you are apparently not able to have sex without alcohol.
multiple people in this thread openly admitting that, not only are they ok with date rape scenarios, but that they've actually engaged in them personally, is disturbing to say the least.

multiple people in this thread openly admitting that, not only are they ok with date rape scenarios, but that they've actually engaged in them personally, is disturbing to say the least.

I kind of have to agree with you here. The drunk girl that doesn't say no isn't your best experience. If you just want to get off use your hand or something. If you want to have crazy sex... well that is easily gotten IF you ask for it to a woman who isn't afraid to know what she wants.

I mean seriously folks. A LOT OF PEOPLE enjoy that. Why are they so afraid to discuss it.

Back