IPS 27" light gaming 1440p ?!?!?!?!

Varsis

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to find a new monitor and pulling my hair out.
I like the idea of the PB278Q but wonder whats with the PB278QR and why it isn't in NA yet.

I'm looking for a low lag IPS panel that runs 1440p at 27" or so.
I would like to stay under $600.
I run AMD cards so G-Sync monitors are not on my list.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'd like to stay AWAY from Korean monitors as I live in Hawaii and any RMA where I get stuck paying for shipping just sucks, so I'd rather not risk it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Flexible on size and res but want to stay very near to .233 dot pitch.

As it stands I'm using (3) 2209WA Dells and I'll probably keep 2 of them up on the left and right of the new monitor.

You may want to check out Dell's new U2715H, currently only listed on their HK website but expected for US release soon. If it has the same gaming-friendly tweaks that the U2414H got, it could be a really nice display (for me it'd be perfect, as I really like the U2414H).

OTOH, if you want to buy now and you want to avoid the Korean brands, AOC's Q2770QPU is a good choice, not expensive, available through Amazon and the like.

NCX has a thread here with recommendations and review links:

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...-27-monitors-2014-2560x1440-ahva-ips-pls.html

I was looking at the Q2770QPU. I just haven't seen alot of information on it. AOC isn't a brand i'm very familiar with. Dell sounds great but i've heard so many quality control issues lately, on the other hand their support is 2nd to none when it comes to monitor replacement for defective units.

coming off a 2312HM i'm wondering if i should be worrying more about input lag.
from what i've read my 2312hm has .6ms of input lag. yes point six.

I don't understand the lack of info on the PB278QR either. I read one user's home review of someone in Germany that wasn't all that over the moon about it and apart from that, nada.

OP I am also considering the same AOC as well but in last two weeks, I have had my interest turned towards the lg 34 95 21:9. Waiting to see what happens with the aoc 21:9 next month too.

I need an upgrade from my dell 2407. It's been a great monitor but it's flawed, and well let's be honest, it's 2014, time for something better!

The PB278QR hasn't shown up in many places, that's likely why there hasn't been a lot of info on it. Last I heard it was a europe exclusive?

Maybe if you're searching around german or french hardware websites you'll find more on it.

The PB278QR hasn't shown up in many places, that's likely why there hasn't been a lot of info on it. Last I heard it was a europe exclusive?

Maybe if you're searching around german or french hardware websites you'll find more on it.

As I said, there is nothing. I can read Dutch, German and French easily and know how to search (using date and site:fr/de/nl), there is a major lack of info out there. Even the forums of those other countries pronounce there to be a lack of reviews and info in general. It's a strange release on the part of Asus. There must be a reason. Why do this and not send out for review? There is nothing. NADA.

deruberhanyok's post has made me think about the 27 new dell. Although that lg 21:9 is still tempting. Just needs to be cheaper, don't feel it it worth the price at the moment.

I've been wanting an IPS 1440p monitor for a while and finally took the plunge. I read good enough feedback to order the BenQ BL2710PT. I'll post up impressions as soon as I get it. It's on sale for $375 currently on BenQ's main website.

I recently picked up three Auria EQ276WN IPS monitors from MicroCenter. Currently, they're $299 and do a native 2560x1440. The box advertises higher res, but it's via software and not worth it IMO. They look amazing. I've got them hooked up to a desktop PC and a Macbook Pro. Highly recommended.

Back