Silverstone Fortress FT05 Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
TechSpot has published a review of the Silverstone Fortress FT05 mid-tower case today. If you are in the market for a new enclosure, you'll definitely want to give this review the once over.

Silverstone's "stacked" design might offer unbeatable cooling performance, but as we found out in our review of the Raven RV05, it also resulted in a lot of wasted space and a cramped area to work with. The company knows this and has come up with a calmer, classier version of its extreme gaming case with the new Fortress FT05.

If I didn't already have a FT02 I would so want this case. I'm not worried about having to remove the 3.5" bays if I put in a long PSU: 3.5" drives are rapidly going the way of the dodo, and the person who puts in 3 or 4 GPUs is likely to have SSDs.

I did find their choice of CPU cooler amusing: they oriented it the wrong way to maximise cooling.

This is going to replace my FT02, it's too big and I love how compact the FT05 is.

Well done Silverstone!

I might go for it anyway because of the improved access to the rear of the motherboard. I must confess to being slightly disappointed that they didn't make the HDD fittings - both 2.5" and 3.5" - tool-less.

RV05 and FT05's 3.5" drive cage is actually tool-less. All you have to do is slide the drive in and that's it. It has screw holes (for those that need the security) and is removable so some reviewers mistaken that you must take everything apart to install drives into it.

this will replace my FT02.

i want compact with mega 180mm fans and vertical heat-flow.

long PSU's aren't a problem, and 5.25" drives are unnecessary.

Back