New Google Transparency Report Is Out

Thank you for a most informative site. At a glance we can see the most active traitors to free speech and our Constitution.

Thank you for a most informative site. At a glance we can see the most active traitors to free speech and our Constitution.

Seems like most are non-domestic companies anyways. I wouldn't say they are traitors to free speech, that seems too broad. I would be willing to say (other than copyright infringements) that these are just companies with skeletons in their closets and makes me want to search them now

Anyone try a Google search for "logo killer" recently?

Anyone try a Bing search for the same phrase?

The abomination continues. Welcome to a completely lobotomized internet.

what do you mean?
What I mean is, did you find any hint in Google's search results that such a utility even exists? I thought I was mistyping it, even "video logo killer" returns squat. How many dozens or hundreds of utilities exist that can remove logos from videos? We're denied access to all of them by Google, a company who by their own numbers currently control two out of every three web searches on our planet. It's a literal corporate fascist state (WORLD) on a scale never seen or imagined except by a few fiction writers.

What countries are free, where a search engine isn't required to censor the internet?

What countries are free, where a search engine isn't required to censor the internet?
Try China. If you think 1.5 billion Chinese or their current government concern themselves with international copyright law, you will first need to explain the concept of copyright law to them. We could shred our First Amendment in its entirety to continue funding substance abuse problems for celebrities, and it STILL would have close to zero effect on the problem anywhere outside our country.

Bottom line is, planet Earth desperately needs an objective search engine for the internet, the singular reason we don't have one is because our federal government refuses to provide internet traffic with the same utility protections afforded our telephone conversations, postal mail etc. Google, Bing etc have become useless for anything other than buying cheap crap from China, and I'm not sure what other eventuality people expected in absence of protection. It's the exact same process that converted everything from FM radio to cable TV into vapid wastelands in our country.

What I mean is, did you find any hint in Google's search results that such a utility even exists? I thought I was mistyping it, even "video logo killer" returns squat. How many dozens or hundreds of utilities exist that can remove logos from videos? We're denied access to all of them by Google, a company who by their own numbers currently control two out of every three web searches on our planet. It's a literal corporate fascist state (WORLD) on a scale never seen or imagined except by a few fiction writers.

ahhh..i see… i have been fearing this… i hope there are alternative search engines that will pro ide accurate results?

To play devil's advocate a bit, do you feel a company operating in a free country has an obligation to provide search results that you want to see?

If I invent a search engine technology and build a company around it, am I forced to catalog web sites that I, for whatever reason I decide for myself, do not want to catalog?

The point is, there is no right to search engine results. It's a service. But I do have a right to not be forced to labor against my own interests. My rights would be infringed at the expense of your privilege.

Dunno, typing "remove logo video" in Google search produces hits on programs that do what you wanted. Unless I`m completely mistaken. :confused:

To play devil's advocate a bit, do you feel a company operating in a free country has an obligation to provide search results that you want to see?

If I invent a search engine technology and build a company around it, am I forced to catalog web sites that I, for whatever reason I decide for myself, do not want to catalog?

The point is, there is no right to search engine results. It's a service. But I do have a right to not be forced to labor against my own interests. My rights would be infringed at the expense of your privilege.[/QUOTE]I defend the right of all private companies to legally run their businesses however they wish. It's got absolutely nothing to do with the world's need for an objective internet search engine, although imo Google should be and is being held to account for something other than their own profit margin, given their current two-thirds control over internet searches worldwide. It has relegated the internet to a literal corporate fascist state in absense of an objective alternative.

IMO the only three eventualities are a) nationalization of Google, b) adoption of distributed search engines (like Yacy) that decentralizes control over search result manipulation, or c) creation of a separate, nationally funded and operated search engine, results of which are, by law, unmanipulated by anyone other than the person or people performing the search.

Back