Kim Dotcom Fired From His Own Music Service

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know your reputation is in the dumpster when you get fired from your own music streaming service to improve the company image.

If you're famous for being the most hated man in music, it might be hard to convince musicians that you're on their side. That's the problem facing Baboom, the music streaming service started by Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom. Now, however, the company has parted ways with its infamous creator in the hope of improving relationships with the musicians it needs to recruit.

If you're famous for being the most hated man in music, it might be hard to convince musicians that you're on their side.

Yea.... no. People who think this, are dumb. Because if yuo're going through a label, they're probably milking you more. I'm sure there are perks, but you're probably way better off on your own if you can do it.

Yea.... no. People who think this, are dumb. Because if yuo're going through a label, they're probably milking you more. I'm sure there are perks, but you're probably way better off on your own if you can do it.

So instead you think they would climb in bed with someone who got rich by allowing people easy access to steal their music?

Just because the record labels are robbing a singer/band doesn't mean they would climb in bed with an even bigger slimeball.

Just because the record labels are robbing a singer/band doesn't mean they would climb in bed with an even bigger slimeball.
I honestly think he's innocent of a lot of the claims made against him.

enhanced-buzz-26160-1327182149-16.jpg

:p

Even Steve Jobs was fired from Apple once....
Look how that worked out for them!

Update: We've amended our headline to reflect that Dotcom sold family trust's holdings in Baboom, he was not fired.

This was from the site linked... not fired...

"Update: We've amended our headline to reflect that Dotcom sold family trust's holdings in Baboom, he was not fired"

So instead you think they would climb in bed with someone who got rich by allowing people easy access to steal their music?

Never said he was someone they should join in either. I just said they should do their own shit, and bypass labels together. That white rapper guy did that didn't he? And he's doing good. Not eminem, the other guy.

Never said he was someone they should join in either. I just said they should do their own shit, and bypass labels together. That white rapper guy did that didn't he? And he's doing good. Not eminem, the other guy.

Macklemore right? He's independent. He has a song about how some label tried to take almost everything percentage wise to sign him and left him and his friend with like 10% to split...lol.

Yep, Macklemore. I do like his music, at least the few I heard.

Makes me feel better that, he isn't getting used by fucknut labels.

Havent heard about this guy since the raid on his house. Didnt know he was in the music industry; thought he was locked up or something.

^There were speculation that his raid was because he was planning to start his own music company, so people can bypass the labels. Not sure how it worked. I didn't even know it actually got started. But I guess it did.

Back