Cool Video of the Day

I don't the the uncanny is in the visuals as much as the motion. They guy was tweaking like a meth addict. Definitely climbing the other side of the valley.

Cool video is cool

tumblr_n65t1coAFe1sj3oxho1_400.jpg

Its stuff like this and that old video showing the software that can resize people in a video on the fly that makes me not trust anything I see on the news.

Its stuff like this and that old video showing the software that can resize people in a video on the fly that makes me not trust anything I see on the news.

So before that, you actually trusted the media?

I don't the the uncanny is in the visuals as much as the motion. They guy was tweaking like a meth addict. Definitely climbing the other side of the valley.

+1 agree completely Getting much much closer to ultimate propaganda quality:eek:

That is on this side of the uncanny valley.

It doesn't bother me at all.

Now, in all fairness, it didn't talk or try to form words with the mouth. Based on the underlying maps they showed later in the video, there still isn't enough modeling of facial muscle to make speech look real.

Frankly, that's where even the typical facial model in today's games and CGI still falls apart. It doesn't really NEED to look exactly photo-realistic to be pleasant to look at. The disturbing part is when it starts talking and the face muscles don't work right.

That model has proper expression and eyes. Very proper. Amazing work. Now let's see it talk.

it's too bad cgi is expensive as hell, or else we could probably replace all the overpaid actors.

Sweet. Up close I could see some issues, but once they zoomed out - I couldn't tell if it was in game or had some background distractions. Just a floating head? Obvious. Put it in a different environment and it'd be hard to say it's fake.

Like others said - gotta see speech movement. Teeth and mouth movements are easy to spot as fakes.

Hopefully, they can do this stuff in a game in real time (PC only, of course, consoles couldn't handle it! HAHA!).

I wish Chris did Oblivion textures. :)

Majorly nice work on the skin imo. The apparent depth is amazing.

the model needs hair, but it was probably omitted because hair is so hard to simulate. still looks like crap without hair, sorry.

Yeah, since when does the news need CGI to make shit up?

the model needs hair, but it was probably omitted because hair is so hard to simulate. still looks like crap without hair, sorry.

Shaved head. It bothered me at first, but it's doable. Lots of games without hair. I would like to see a long haired woman, though. Maybe have her talk and different expressions.

One interesting thing to note about this is that most of what it was done on is not expensive software. Krita and Sculptris are 100% free. DaVinci Resolve Lite is also a free version of a larger package. Lightwave is not free (I guess he could have gone with blender if he wanted that route), but it is much cheaper than something like Maya at least. Very impressive demo for one person's work.

Very impressive demo for one person's work.

Very impressive compared to a lot of others I've seen done by professional teams using more expensive and advanced (?) software. This is one of the better ones I've seen for face and skin.

It started with perfection, but the zoom-out became uncanny.

Back